The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hear me out...

Moglijuana
Moglijuana
✭✭✭✭✭
ARENAS!

No seriously, hear me out.

Cyrodiil: YES. Great f***ing job Zos. Cyrodiil is fun. You hit a nail on the head with the concept and obviously it keeps thousands of players, myself included, playing this game.

The problem: Aside from some balancing issues, bugs etc. the thing that keeps me coming back to games is a motive. Right now, as far as I can tell, there is no MOTIVE in Cyrodiil (aside from emperor). Its just a rinse and repeat of capture/defend which I will agree is still loads of fun, but it can get tiresome at times and feels more like a chore. IC? yea that's already boring and wasn't much of a "pvp" update imo.

The FIX: Add ARENAS...but wait for it...INSIDE CYRODIIL. Why not implement an Alliance war Arena, where the winners of said matches give rewards to their alliance currently fighting inside Cyrodiil? Lets say, a 5 minute damage boost, or spawned "bosses" that attack enemy keeps. Something like this would not only satisfy the players looking for small scale combat, but also benefit the players who like to play larger scale pvp.

Here's how I think it could work: Said players enter Cyrodiil. In their main base there will be an arena NPC. Here groups of players would be able to que for 2v2v2, 3v3v3, 5v5v5 objective based matches. No single player arena because it is a group based combat game so keep that the way it is. The groups would have to wait for a que timer as other teams would be waiting to get in. The CATCH? If you don't enter combat every 10 minutes, you will be dropped from the que. This will keep people who just want to arena away and keep the fighting in Cyrodill active.

After three teams are matched up, they will then be transported to said arena objective based match. Boom, fighting happens and a victor emerges. Whenever a winner is decided a message should pop up (similar to a scroll being taken/captured) which announces said winner/faction. From there an active "buff" will be implemented to all players for the winning alliance ( or hell, maybe even a mini boss that helps attack keeps, like in old school AV in WoW) and Cyrodiil will be see a rush of activity as players try and take advantage of the opportunity given to them by the winning team. Depending on the match size, the "buffs" could vary. Lets say a 2v2v2 match gives a speed boost, where a 5v5v5 win increases siege damage by 50%.

There can even be a separate leader board for the matches along with different titles, gear etc. The key here though is to keep it AvAvA. That is the basis of Cyrodiil and what keeps it alive in the end.

Any thoughts, questions or concerns are welcomed as the game is only as good as its community is. For the most part, I can see this community wants this game to do well and be the best game it can be.

P.S. BUFF MAGICKA DK PLS ZOS lol
Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually like this idea... not that I know anything about PvP but it does seem a fun concept... designated champions deciding certain things by single combat.... Maybe the factions could nominate people/groups for the job somehow?
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynnessa wrote: »
    I actually like this idea... not that I know anything about PvP but it does seem a fun concept... designated champions deciding certain things by single combat.... Maybe the factions could nominate people/groups for the job somehow?

I'm glad you agree! Yea, I feel like your character doesn't feel like much of a "hero" when its just mindless zerging. Why not spice things up a bit and let people feel more important towards the Alliance War? Every war has heroes right?
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea but maybe the que could be different for each class and then the arena be 4x4x4 and each round brings in one person from each class que. So that it would be a little more fair.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem there @SleepyTroll is that some classes are overly played when compared to others. For example a literal metric f#%k ton of people play nightblades where A much smaller number play dks/templars. So some people may almost never get the chance to be matched at a decent time.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    The only problem there @SleepyTroll is that some classes are overly played when compared to others. For example a literal metric f#%k ton of people play nightblades where A much smaller number play dks/templars. So some people may almost never get the chance to be matched at a decent time.

On the other hand @Moglijuana couldn't it also have the opposite effect? As in more people will play the less played classes to get into the arena faster?
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SleepyTroll i would not be opposed to that as I love having variety in opponents :)