The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

(VIDEO) Magicka DK Alcast - PvP #1

Alcast
Alcast
Class Representative
Did some testing with Magicka DK, I kinda felt I miss mobility, apart from that dmg is not bad with Heavy attacks. Tho it is a lot easier to dodge Derstro HA bc they are slower than for example bow HA.
Also Molten does not work with Resto/Shock staff which is *** ***.

I would go Double Resto but because Molten does NOT work with Resto/Shock it is a no-go....GJ ZOS
https://youtu.be/Kj6-0CqVYtg

Spec:
This is only an experimental Build yet, nothing solid yet, still testing. Gear is fine, just the skills I am unsure yet.

5Light/1M/1H (All Magicka Enchants)
5x Kragrenance Hope
3x Willpower with 3x Healthy Trait (2x Spelldmg +1x Magi Rec Glyph)
2x Torug Pact (Destro Nirn, Resto precise)
1x Kena

Skills:
Destro Bar:
1. Reflective Scales
2. Molten Armaments
3. Crushing Shock
4. Fossilize or Chains
5. Sea of Flames or Chains

Resto bar:
1. Healing Ward
2. Blessing of Restoration
3. Igneous Shield
4. Chocking Talons
5. Sea of Flames or Entropy

Attronarch Mundus for Magicka Recovery
All attributes into Magicka
v15 Tri-Stat-Food
Edited by Alcast on October 27, 2015 4:23PM
https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just gunna go out on a limb here and ask why do you constantly try to stealth lol
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will watch when I get home from work. Looking at your gear it looks like you're trying to go for a oneshot/two shot build with heavy attacks?
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Im just gunna go out on a limb here and ask why do you constantly try to stealth lol

I am a soloplayer and tbh without using the element of surprise you not gonna get far, I mean I could do sword n board but playing mostly solo not gonna get far with that. I guess I could survive quite long with that but not gonna kill sb with it >.>
    And I guess its just my kind of playstyle.

Why do you mean tho, is it bad?
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Will watch when I get home from work. Looking at your gear it looks like you're trying to go for a oneshot/two shot build with heavy attacks?

A oneshot build as a Magicka Dk does not really work, Destro staff are way too slow and you cannot keep the HA charged like with your bow.

But It basically is the ONLY burst attack a DK has in this game....DoTs are f...useless due to /ZOSLOGIC.
    I kinda need HA tho because of resource management.

I mean there would be awesomo builds for DK with Double Resto(it sounds dumb but ye well >.>) but due to HA not working (FOR WHATEVER REASON ONLY GOD KNOWS) it is not a possiblity.
    Edited by Alcast on October 27, 2015 4:39PM

• RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ending... :D

It looks like a fun build, just suffers from some of the weaknesses called... magicka DK today. x)
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    That ending... :D

It looks like a fun build, just suffers from some of the weaknesses called... magicka DK today. x)

I am still improving the build, the mainissue I still have is that my stamina is gone pretty fast when I have to block. Need to fix that somehow.

• Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chains at 2:20 EPIC!
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Respect for the effort Alcast. I think you will find, as you continue to explore magicka DK, many of the complaints made on these forums.

Side Note: I put chains on my bar recently. It doesn't always work... but by god it does sometimes and the results are often hilarious. Catch that sorc, drag someone off their horse, or pull someone that does not expect it -- they go full potato and die. Seriously fun. Wish they would un-nerf.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported, numerous times during the PTS process, that DK's molten armaments does not work with channeled attacks.

No acknowledgement on ZoS's part that they even know the bug exists. The lack of communication absolutely sucks. I had a heavy attack resto / Sword and shield build in mind that I would like to try, but no, because ZoS thinks not acknowledging to their customers that stuff is bug is apparently a good policy.

DK is designed for DoTs (worthless in PvP), heavy attacks (doesn't even work with weapon they'd like to use, to say nothing of their impracticality with destro staves), tanking (trash dragon blood, cinderstorm that doesn't help tanking), you have a lot more patience than I do.
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    I like the chain in that video lol.
    AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this video show cases two things very well, the consequences of having no mobility, and how frustratingly bad molten armaments is as our only burst.

In most of the fights you can see him get opened on and taken down to half health. At which point he had to fight to get back up and into a position where he can return fire. Two of the classes could use mobility or shielding to get the breathing room needed to re-stabilize and return fire. The DK doesn't have that luxury, he has to overcome the opening while still taking damage at the same time from any of the enemies in proximity. In addition to that he's using healing ward, which will only heal from the remaining bubble. You could protect that bubble with mobility, but he doesn't have that so he has to fight double hard to over come the incoming damage and get a heal out of that ward.

Then on the other side of the fight he has to fight doubly hard to get the damage in. He can't rely on dots, so he is left with either complicated burst or sustained but poor damage via whip. He can sneak a whip in between having to overcome high sustained incoming damage but that won't press his opponent off him. His only chance is to burst his opponent off, and that only comes from opening a window between dealing with sustained incoming dps to cast molten weapons, then charge a heavy attack projectile that can easily be blocked or dodged due to it's wind up time.

He has almost 0 margin of error with that burst. A lot of the times he just can't get in a safe window to get that burst up so he gambles with it at half health. If anything goes wrong, dead in an instant. Except for the fights where he opened, each fight you can see the struggle just to get in that window where he can return fire with burst. No one else has that problem because their class mechanics are intact, like mobility, healing, and uncomplicated burst.

All I can say is well done Alcast, that is some seriously twitch gameplay. Your talent overcame a whole lot of broken within the class.
    Edited by Armitas on October 27, 2015 9:15PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Armitas wrote: »
    I think this video show cases two things very well, the consequences of having no mobility, and how frustratingly bad molten armaments is as our only burst.

In most of the fights you can see him get opened on and taken down to half health. At which point he had to fight to get back up and into a position where he can return fire. Two of the classes could use mobility or shielding to get the breathing room needed to re-stabilize and return fire. The DK doesn't have that luxury, he has to overcome the opening while still taking damage at the same time from any of the enemies in proximity. In addition to that he's using healing ward, which will only heal form the remaining bubble. You could protect that bubble with mobility, but he doesn't have that so he has to fight double hard to over come the incoming damage and get a heal out of that ward.

Then on the other side of the fight he has to fight doubly hard to get the damage in. He can't rely on dots, so he is left with either complicated burst or sustained but poor damage via whip. He can sneak a whip in between having to overcome high sustained incoming damage but that won't press his opponent off him. His only chance is to burst his opponent off, and that only comes from opening a window between dealing with sustained incoming dps to cast molten weapons, then charge a heavy attack projectile that can easily be blocked or dodged due to it's wind up time.

He has almost 0 margin of error with that burst. A lot of the times he just can't get in a safe window to get that burst up so he gambles with it at half health. If anything goes wrong, dead in an instant. Except for the fights where he opened, each fight you can see the struggle just to get in that window where he can return fire with burst. No one else has that problem because their class mechanics are intact, like mobility, healing, and uncomplicated burst.

All I can say is well done Alcast, that is some seriously twitch gameplay. You're talent overcame a whole lot of broken within the class.

Summed up correctly, once I get a enemy on me hitting me I have to go full defense and spam the f.. out of Prayer and Ward...whereas a sorc can just bolt away or a NB just cloak....and a temp also has the same issue, there is just no breathing room. All I can try is to keep wings up so all ranged attacks get reflected and talon/fossilize the enemy...

I just felt as soon as I had a 1v2+ I have to go full defense and IF I am luky I get a good shot and RIP enemy, otherwise RIP me. For Sorc a 1v2 is easy due to mobility...+shields...both of what a DK does not have.
    Edited by Alcast on October 27, 2015 7:46PM

• Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humm ...
    Same armor but with 1/s on both bar. I can tell you its way way more easy than what I see on your vid.
    1 deep breath
    2 whip
    3 talon
    4 igneous
    5 Gdb
    Swarm

1 invasion
    2 burning embers
    3 Stone fist
    4 Harde armor
    5 mist
    Leap

For duel or real small scale, I swap Deep breath and armor for sea of flame

5H/2l or 5l/2h Kagrnac/magnus/will power

You l notice that many of my skills "heal" as well as dammage. I constantly heal whatever I do. And in 5 heavy I can block quite a lot. My spell power beein 2.3k is enough to kill a few ...
    Edited by Vanzen on October 27, 2015 11:49PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice video man.

I just wish that there wasn't always a completed screwed build. DKs got hit hard, especially for a class that relies on DoTs and being, basically, magicka based warriors. It's hard to find a good build for magicka that doesn't mean healing pretty much 80-90% of the time.

Plus the one good ultimate we have, Leap, is better as a stamina build unless you put points into Mighty as a magicka based. Would it be so bad if they just made Ferocious Leap cause either flame damage or magicka damage but increased the range a bit to at least get close to the other leap.
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing the same gear configuration for some time, testing with with dual swords too (replacing molten weapons in this case with burning embers). In 1vs1 is quite decent, more dies quite fast.

I don't have crushing shot in my bars and actually is a good idea for cancelling the heavy atacks, ill try it :)

I have the stamina problem too. In my case i went for the drinks route paired with inmobable potions, I feel that you get more survavility this way dodging sometimes. and breaking cc than with 5k more hp and blocking.
    Edited by caperon on October 28, 2015 3:50AM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Would it be so bad if they just made Ferocious Leap cause either flame damage or magicka damage but increased the range a bit to at least get close to the other leap.

Right now it would because they have made magicka based attacks a joke in the CP system. You can get direct spell mitigation and elemental and magickal mitigation in high order from the CP system. Our dots are real bad off because they get mitigated by spell resistance, elemental resistance and dot resistance in the CP tree. Meanwhile the only physical resistance requires 5 pieces of a type of armor, scales off that armor pool, and barely moves when you put points into it.
    Edited by Armitas on October 28, 2015 10:48AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    witcher ost ... again ? ... aha everyone using it these days and the same track again and again. Thanks for sharing your build.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on October 28, 2015 11:14AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    caperon wrote: »
    I've been playing the same gear configuration for some time, testing with with dual swords too (replacing molten weapons in this case with burning embers). In 1vs1 is quite decent, more dies quite fast.

I don't have crushing shot in my bars and actually is a good idea for cancelling the heavy atacks, ill try it :)

I have the stamina problem too. In my case i went for the drinks route paired with inmobable potions, I feel that you get more survavility this way dodging sometimes. and breaking cc than with 5k more hp and blocking.

I am still looking for a way to fix the stamina Issue, the problem is I have to go full defense due to not being able to block, because when I block too much then I am OOS so fast and the next CC will rip me. Your idea with Drink+Immovable could work, tho I do not really want to reapply Immovable every 5s.
    Would it be so bad if they just made Ferocious Leap cause either flame damage or magicka damage but increased the range a bit to at least get close to the other leap.

Right now it would because they have made magicka based attacks a joke in the CP system. You can get direct spell mitigation and elemental and magickal mitigation in high order from the CP system. Our dots are real bad off because they get mitigated by spell resistance, elemental resistance and dot resistance in the CP tree. Meanwhile the only physical resistance requires 5 pieces of a type of armor, scales off that armor pool, and barely moves when you put points into it.

The DoTs are bad mainly due to not working on shields+blocking targets and can be easily purged...Purge is way too OP.
    And yes CP system also kinda "kills" the dmg..
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    witcher ost ... again ? ... aha everyone using it these days and the same track again and again. Thanks for sharing your build.

Again? :o iirc I used it last time in my WW video, Witcher sound is pretty darn cool tbh, like it quite a lot haha ;) Tho I try not to use it every 2nd video

• Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NB withdrawal symptoms :wink:
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

NB withdrawal symptoms :wink:

Haha nice one xD I just started playing a NB and prolly will do soon a NB Gank build but have to do more tests.

• Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

I am still looking for a way to fix the stamina Issue, the problem is I have to go full defense due to not being able to block, because when I block too much then I am OOS so fast and the next CC will rip me. Your idea with Drink+Immovable could work, tho I do not really want to reapply Immovable every 5s.

The DoTs are bad mainly due to not working on shields+blocking targets and can be easily purged...Purge is way too OP.

Again? :o iirc I used it last time in my WW video, Witcher sound is pretty darn cool tbh, like it quite a lot haha ;) Tho I try not to use it every 2nd video

I havnt used immovable in like a year but I believe it's longer than 5 seconds now.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Darnathian wrote: »

I havnt used immovable in like a year but I believe it's longer than 5 seconds now.

The CC immunity that it grants you is only 5 seconds, the armor resistance buff last longer.

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like this video, and this music. Going to try my old magicka dk tomorrow but I don't think I'll go with destro staff.

Those chains on the sorc trying to escape, 10/10

Btw I think you know but you can reflect back the WW's piercing howl back to them with 20% increased damage <3
    EU | PC
  • Quady
    Quady
    ✭✭
    7k sneaky dawnbreaker on my medium armor ww? thats a weak ulti :D
    3:09 - 683hp left, damn :D
    funny that cannot see my light attacks, but can clearly hear them (no macros)
    Edited by Quady on October 28, 2015 4:19PM
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    Why Torug's Pact on each weapon? I've tested this with another piece and it doesn't work.
    A couple of times he does it to dismount. That's how I always dismount too. It feels cleaner, more responsive and now its just a habit lol
    but due to HA not working
    What do you mean by this?

And why run Torug's on each staff. I've seen someone else do that too.. that isn't bugged is it? I've tested it with another set and it doesn't work. Just leftover pieces from previous builds is what i'm assuming.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    I like this video, and this music. Going to try my old magicka dk tomorrow but I don't think I'll go with destro staff.

Those chains on the sorc trying to escape, 10/10

Btw I think you know but you can reflect back the WW's piercing howl back to them with 20% increased damage <3

ye Howl Reflect is OP but had no time to flap wings there chilling with my 1k HP xD
    Quady wrote: »

I was suprised that it did so low dmg and be like: oh f....better be running xD
    Why Torug's Pact on each weapon? I've tested this with another piece and it doesn't work.
    A couple of times he does it to dismount. That's how I always dismount too. It feels cleaner, more responsive and now its just a habit lol
    but due to HA not working
    What do you mean by this?

And why run Torug's on each staff. I've seen someone else do that too.. that isn't bugged is it? I've tested it with another set and it doesn't work. Just leftover pieces from previous builds is what i'm assuming.

Molten armaments does not buff Resto and Shock staffes... so if you use Molten you will get 0% increase in Heavy attack damage..

• Quady
    Quady
    ✭✭

full impenetrable, so -20%
    and when not in ww, have radiant magelight all the time on, so better to skipp me :smiley:

Edited by Quady on October 28, 2015 7:35PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

full impenetrable, so -20%
    and when not in ww, have radiant magelight all the time on, so better to skipp me :smiley:

Well, next time you might meet my Stam DK ;=)

• americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    nice chains on that sorc im sure he felt embarrassed.
    I have a magic DK V3 I run into sorcs all the time in IC and usually ends up in a stalemate and us running away, how are you hitting so hard with your inferno staff? damn! I use sword and shiled and resto staff.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dawnbreaker does like nothing on ww compared to vamps, I don't know why maybe bc of their spell resist or bc the fighter's guild passive is bugged but yeah...
    Nice vid btw, now you know why magicka dk isn't that good for solo ;)
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Completely true, why I didn't remember that when all of my veteran characters are magicka except my DK is beyond me lol. I just wish magicka DK could work and that was one idea but yeah... putting some points into Mighty to make it hit harder isn't a bad option.