The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Request] Key binding quick swap.

joshisanonymous
joshisanonymous
✭✭✭✭
I sent feedback about this way back near launch but I don't think that ZoS has any interest in supporting multiple languages to this extent. My problem is that I'd like to be able to type in both English and French in the game, two languages officially supported by the game, but switching my keyboard layout from QWERTY to AZERTY destroys all my keybinds. I've looked at other French keyboard layouts like the Canadian one, which looks like it would work better in that it at least wouldn't ruin WASD or the numbers, but it would do other tedious things like move the / to a SHIFT+3.

It would be amazing if it were possible to save different keybindings via an addon that allowed you to switch those bindings on the fly with another keybinding. For instance, when I want to switch keyboard layouts normally, I press ALT+SHIFT. Being able to bind that same combination in game to switch all my keybindings around would effectively allow me to switch between languages without affecting anything other than which characters are accessible.
Edited by joshisanonymous on October 26, 2015 6:12PM
Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade