The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Arena/Structured PvP Poll

ChefZero
ChefZero
✭✭✭✭
Some guys asked for a poll, so here it is.
Edited by ChefZero on October 26, 2015 3:52PM
PC EU - DC only

Arena/Structured PvP Poll 87 votes

Yes, I need Arena or structured PvP to enjoy this game.
58%
SolarikenJusticiarK_taanArtisStxBradgarton2b14_ESOCinnamon_SpiderVynnTheBullpjwb16_ESOBugCollectorAra_Valleriaa.ahanchiub17_ESOSwannkyydrewes.williamub17_ESOSypherInig0RedShirtRobMcSwagginsChefZero 51 votes
Don't care about that, AvA is alright.
11%
drzycki_ESODaveMoeDeeMoeCoastieoyvind_okb16_ESOKorah_EaglecryElsonsoCillion3117Celas_DranaceaLevo18GuyNamedSean 10 votes
Fix lags, make IC attraktive for competitive PvP and everything is fine.
29%
FENGRUSHSublimeSpringt-Über-ZwergeIruil_ESOBanrocAllPlayAndNoWorkAenlirrastadreadlionFlyzardiTavore1138AFrostWolfEisregenX90ReifDerraMalkeryRoxyPhoeniximrednecksonSpeelyHiero_GlyphMolag_Crow 26 votes
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a little gap between "I don't care" and "I don't enjoy the game"
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

If you don't enjoy the game vote for 1 or 3.
    PC EU - DC only
  • a1x23
    a1x23
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see structured PVP however i would be just as happy with them fixing Cyrodiil. Something needs to happen or idk how much longer i will continue playing. Which sucks because i feel like ZOS is ruining a great game.
  • Atmosfear
    Atmosfear
    ✭✭
    PvP arena would make the game soooooo much cooler !
    It would make TESO cool to stream, and watch, and that's for me the biggest part.
    It could popularize ( dunno if it's really english, sorry :D ) the game a lot !
    And I think that it could add to the game a infinite content, if it's well done.
    That's my opinion ! And I hope Zenimax are asking themselves this question about the PvP structured arena
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with a hot join 1v1.
  • Angarato
    Angarato
    ✭✭✭
    bad answers. i do think alot of problems would be solved with answer 3 and i would really enjoy the IC if it was fixed to be for pvpers. and if the lag and zergs were gone from cyrodill. but i'd still like competitive pvp and arena ontop of that. make it a dlc whatever just do it.

you can even make it part of the story. we saved the IC topside from the daedra (maybe keep them in the sewers) and now the factions are fighting over control of the city. and make the arena an actual arena, doesnt even need rewards. just let us use it for 5v5 fights or w/e the number you're comfy with.
    Edited by Angarato on October 26, 2015 4:58PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

I want Arenas. I just still enjoy the game, just not as much as I used to. There's no option for that.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Atmosfear wrote: »
    PvP arena would make the game soooooo much cooler !
    It would make TESO cool to stream, and watch, and that's for me the biggest part.
    It could popularize ( dunno if it's really english, sorry :D ) the game a lot !
    And I think that it could add to the game a infinite content, if it's well done.
    That's my opinion ! And I hope Zenimax are asking themselves this question about the PvP structured arena

Sadly it isn't that easy. Implement for example a 4v4, 8v8 and 12v12 in the current state of the game is like suizide. They can't implement competitive PvP without intensive balancing and fixing many things.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    I vote Arenas simply because they already created it over a year ago. QuakeCon 2014. Just put the thing you already created in game ZoS. It won't ruin Cyrodil like you think. IC didn't so why would this. 2nd biggest gripe with ZoS is this tease they pulled, next to CP system.

However, they need to fix Cyrodil badly. They have destroyed it with their poor decision making on what they thought were fixes and balancing issues. When the game was released Cyrodil was good but combat mechanics were bugged out. They ironed out most of the combat bugs but ruined Cyrodil in that time. Combat is tolerable now, just return Cyrodil to its former greatness.

Whoever these people at ZoS are that control marketing and say it's a bad idea to put in Arenas are incompetent and out of touch with the gaming world. They can slap a 5000 Crown price on the zone they showed at QuakeCon. Easy money for ZoS and thousands will pay for. I know for a fact that many of the people who left the game a year ago would come back just for it. Refusing to do it based on current player population is just plain stupid. I don't care what is on their calendar, Companies should be about making money and bringing in more consumers. I wouldn't trust these people to ring up my groceries.
    Edited by Enraged_Tiki_Torch on October 26, 2015 5:32PM
    My solution to Champion Point System here
  • navyspeed
    navyspeed
    ✭✭✭
    I wrote this in another thread but it seems to fit this.

In the Arena District of IC (Or somewhere else) just add another Arena for those instances that allow for challenges of other people and a ranking system that shows the champion(s) for the arena for each pact.

Imagine that you get to the new arena area and everyone is immune to attacks and allow for all factions to communicate via area chat. This area is where challenges would be made and groups would be formed by going to the arena master. The arena master would check you into the fight log and allow anyone to challenge you either in your pact or others. If someone wanted to challenge you or your group they would do so by going to the arena master and finding your name and issuing a challenge which would display a notification just like you would get to queue into CY. The immune area would overlook the arenas which would house the 1v1s, 2v2s, 3v3s, 4v4s and so on. This would allow for everyone to watch epic battles between the PvPers and enjoy a great show.

The ranking system would allow for people to show their skills and crown someone champion of their pact. The ranking system would be affected by the level of the other person you beat and where on the ladder they ranked. A top 10 player in their own pact could challenge the champion and try to take away crown via a fight or could do so by having more points from their own wins.

I think this would be a cool mechanic that would allow people to test builds and have fun gaining bragging rights. You could incorporate un-ranked matches, achievements and add different types of matches such as un-buffed matches, no champion point fights and no potions matches for the un-ranked fights.

This is just a quick thought on what could be done to add in small scale pvp.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

I want Arenas. I just still enjoy the game, just not as much as I used to. There's no option for that.

Mostly same, I enjoy the game just as much, if not more, as when I started.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • KostasDragonborn
    Enjoy the game, but voted 1 for Arena Pvp
    - Walk with virtue, friend.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wanted to vote for two things at once. Fix Cyrodiil and give us structured/sandbox PvP like BGs or Arenas. :sunglasses:
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Flyzardi
    Flyzardi
    ✭✭
    Personally don't care at all for duels. Adding queued 8v8 or whatever arenas might be fun but would further split up the pvp population that is already spread thin between cyrodiil, delves, ic districts, and the sewers across multiple campaigns, making it even harder to come across a 'good fight.'

I just want (team vs team vs team) pvp without having to constantly be in combat with a zone boss, ride my horse for miles, or bang on doors until something comes. The IC districts could have been a great setting for this with some tweaks but the community doesn't seem to commit to staying there for various reasons.

• k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is "structured PvP" exactly?

I'm never sure what people have in mind when they toss around certain terms. I know what arena is from WoW and would not like that. Also I think "duels" is different than "arena"/"structured PvP"..
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The third option is all I need. I currently cannot play at all because somehow I'm stuck in lag 24/7 and I don't know what to do about it. It's sad as hell lol
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, arena would largely come to consist of sorcs & nightblades.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    Unfortunately, arena would largely come to consist of sorcs & nightblades.

Why is that unfortunate ?
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Angarato wrote: »
    bad answers. i do think alot of problems would be solved with answer 3 and i would really enjoy the IC if it was fixed to be for pvpers. and if the lag and zergs were gone from cyrodill. but i'd still like competitive pvp and arena ontop of that. make it a dlc whatever just do it.

you can even make it part of the story. we saved the IC topside from the daedra (maybe keep them in the sewers) and now the factions are fighting over control of the city. and make the arena an actual arena, doesnt even need rewards. just let us use it for 5v5 fights or w/e the number you're comfy with.

This