The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hey Authors, What can we expect from add-ons when Orsinium drops?

Ourorboros
Ourorboros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Seems like we just went through this with IC, and it must be much tougher for add-on authors than just users. With IC, about 1/3 of my add-ons didn't work. Many were updated within a few days. Some took a few weeks for updates. Now there is the added complication of the Controller UI. Not to pressure you authors, but the game is much more tedious without the adds I use.
Edited by Ourorboros on October 26, 2015 1:15PM
PC/NA/DC
Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ericprydz82ub17_ESO
    I am hoping with the new textures and borders released with the PC console UI we can finally see some better skinned addons with a few more options.

If you look at other games and the different addons they use compared to ours as far as clean and neat looking goes, we still have a lot to aspire to.
    -Pryda - Ebonheart Pact XB1 NA
    World first HelRa Hardmode player.
    GT: Bootleg Mix
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason it can take a while is that a few authors have taken it upon themselves to update many of the abandoned addons out there. Many addons are in pure maintenance mode, meaning that someone just makes sure that they keep working when they have time to do it but they do not add any new features.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 27, 2015 5:26AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do not expect lot of addons with special things on gamepad support, UI is just broken everywhere for some of them. It will make us weeks to add gamepad compatibility (for some, months). So for lot of us, it will be "no support while in gamepad"

But for large part of addons, it won't be a problem, I already updated a lot, and they're in stand by while Orsinium is relead.
    Edited by Ayantir on October 27, 2015 10:51AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reason it can take a while is that a few authors have taken it upon themselves to update many of the abandoned addons out there. Many addons are in pure maintenance mode, meaning that someone just makes sure that they keep working when they have time to do it but they do not add any new features.

Yep, I know we have lost some authors like Wykyyd and Katkat42, and others have stepped up to cover their add-ons. It's amazing that so few authors are doing such great work. The game just wouldn't be the same for me without the add-ons and I know many others share that feeling. So no pressure from me to get add-ons ready for the patch. I appreciate any and all effort, whether it is a little or a lot. But depending on add-ons as I do, just looking for some reassurance, which is here:
    Ayantir wrote: »
    Do not expect lot of addons with special things on gamepad support, UI is just broken everywhere for some of them. It will make us weeks to add gamepad compatibility (for some, months). So for lot of us, it will be "no support while in gamepad"

But for large part of addons, it won't be a problem, I already updated a lot, and they're in stand by while Orsinium is relead.

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it would be great if they would update the already existing ones first! :)