Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

To the millionairs of eso..give us some help

You-SKID
You-SKID
Hello eso community, for some reason im for ever brokeon eso and I know alot of the community are in the same boat, so please share your tips and guides on how you make your gold
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell loot ...
  • kad01121ub17_ESO
    yea i was looking into that on youtube someone said loot everything then sell it. Tho in the beta thats what i was originally doing an it still didnt make much of a difference.

AD High Elf, PC, NA, Server!
    New to MMo's Always looking for friends to quest with!
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell Mats!
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • kad01121ub17_ESO
    Apokh wrote: »
    Sell Mats!

where do you get mats in the game? i dont think i ever came across those.....

AD High Elf, PC, NA, Server!
    New to MMo's Always looking for friends to quest with!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Materials. Sell iron ore, sell high iron ore, sell jute, sell flax. Sell them in stacks of 200.

Look to see what stacks are selling for, sell them for the same price in a guild store. Replace them when they sell.

Edit: Whatever area you are currently in, get whatever ore, wood, or crafting plant that is in that area. Collect them to stacks of 200 and then drop them off at the guild store for whatever the asking price is.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 25, 2015 10:07PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The real answer is to grind for hours and be part of a good trading guild or know where to stand around to sell your stuff
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you have played too much, you have automatic what you need of gear, mats, tempers, motifs, bank space fully upgraded, horse fully upgraded.. my point is, there comes to and end when there is nothing much to spend money on other then repair. Then its more easy to keep the money you earn instead of spending it on small things that adds up. I think that is one of the reason why I have so much more money now then before. Also I have been lucky with the agility robust rings ;).
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You-SKID wrote: »
    Hello eso community, for some reason im for ever brokeon eso and I know alot of the community are in the same boat, so please share your tips and guides on how you make your gold

I am going to assume you are a new player and hope you arent gonna assume.

Loot everything.

Do just the first few cheap bag upgrades, then hold on for later. Also, upgrade your shared, just one or two slots.

DECON everything that you can, BEFORE you sell stuff to a merchant. (BTW, MOST of the WHITE items you can pick up without a fight.. yeah.. those sell to a merchant. as they almost NEVER give a crafting component. Right click on them and mark as junk.)

DONT sell your racial stones/base components to merchants. At least, until you have a stack off 200 of each.

Join a trade guild, just a junky one, not those elitist asdf who need you to sell X gold per week. They dont even need a trader. You can sell inside guild store with just 50 players in guild.

CRAFT with the stuff you get from deconning. Sell THAT stuff to a merchant (if you must) after making it so you can level up your gear making or what ever trade you want. The components are EXPENSIVE if you have to buy them from a trade guild merchant, usually.

Sell everything else you cant to merchant. Use addons from ESOUI.com to auto put loot and sell every time you hit a merchant.

Dont give asdf what the gear is you get from quest rewards, loot, chests, whatever, if it has more AC or more of Sta or Mag, whichever is your focus, put it on. You most likely have NOT spent skill points on the passives for light/med/heavy armor yet, so that does not matter.

Create a bank alt, or 5, to store crafting mats, then put them in shared when you need them to craft. Then, log that alt in, take the crafting stuff out and use it for storage. They are like free, cheap storage vs the 10k upgrade.

Yes, repair your armor, unless you are getting 2 levels an hour or power leveling with friends. Why? So your addon sells off the asdf loot automatically when you hit the merchant.

IF you are getting two levels an hour, IF you feel like you are owning mobs on level, dont bother with replacing your gear, until you do. HOWEVER,

ONCE YOU GET YOUR SMITHING/WOOD/CLOTH high enough, you can make sets at work stations you find out in the wild. They WILL MOST LIKELY be better than anything you get from a drop/quest, IF you include the SET BONUSES.

Once you get sets going, decon the quest/loot drops for the mats AND the upgrade components.

THEN, only upgrade armor and weapons when you feel weak.

HOWEVER, you most likely will NOT need to upgrade your gear beyond green, unless you are also dungeon crawling. THEN you may want blues, but, frankly, its much better to save your blue/purple/GOLD upgrade components until you hit level cap. DO NOT sell those either, or you will be kicking yourself later.

DO do the crafting writs when they open up. Spend SP to get them better, but DO NOT level them past the zones you are in. So, if you only see maple where you are at, you dont need to upgrade wood until you start seeing.. oak? I think. (If playing in Orcsinium, you may want to act differently, but, frankly, skill points are scarce at low levels.)

If you are the adventurous type and want to risk a criminal record... STEAL EVERYTHING. Stolen items can be sold in an Outlaws Refuge. HOWEVER DONT BE AN IDIOT. SNEAK UP TO THE CONTAINERS. IF THE EYEBALL even comes CLOSE to opening. DONT open the container. If you see an NPC coming tword you. Wait until he looks away, even if he has you with fully open eyeball. The EXPENSE of a fine far outweighs the benefits of BEING CAUGHT stealing at low levels. I have a char with max Lagerdaemin who has been arrested, TWICE. Both times to get deeds.

Oh, and keep your eye out for racial motifs. LAUNDER THEM in the Outlaws Refuge. Old players may say thei are useless, but the 200 gold they sell for is a lot to them, not so much to old timers.

Sigh.. I could go on.

In this game, if you are broke, you pretty much, .... I have words, but should not put them here..
    Edited by Darlgon on October 25, 2015 11:48PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Heroborg
    Heroborg
    ✭✭
    Loot everything of value sell it all. Don't carry all you cash around only 5-10k. Deposit all gold in bank above that. Collect all material and sell it. Sell quest items if you cant research them
    Daggerfall Covenant Loyalist
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heroborg wrote: »
    Don't carry all you cash around only 5-10k. Deposit all gold in bank above that.

Why?

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't carry all you cash around only 5-10k. Deposit all gold in bank above that.

Why?

because the reason you are broke is because you gave away all your gold!
    if you dont have gold in your pocket then you wont give any of it away.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why?

because the reason you are broke is because you gave away all your gold!
    if you dont have gold in your pocket then you wont give any of it away.

Sigh..

Only incompetent idiots would steal/kill until their bounty was too high AND then get caught by guards who take all their money until the bounty is paid..
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    I currently have 6.7 million in gold and a large amount of gold mats as well (atleast 300+ in each gold mat available) . What I did was to farm for my own gear and not buy them. Grind up multiple toons and sell loot. Have 6 v16 on my main account and 4 v16 on another. Each max leveled toon has max hirelings and I do all writs on each daily (have multiple screens and can load both accounts at once get a ton of gold mats doing this as well as special drops such as nine traits and such. The biggest thing I think for me was being very frugal and cheap and would grind for items I wanted. Then I would sell tons of mats that I have accumulated via multiple toons from grinding and hirelings I sell to guild stores and zone chat except gold mats I keep that for myself. Grinding new toons net a ridiculous amount of loot sold/gold. Honestly I would have more (maybe another 3-4 million) but gave gold to help friends out.
    Edited by Oh_Skrivva on October 27, 2015 11:46AM
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If going to Coldharbour main city is possible on your lvl (or you can ask someone to port you there) you could scout the city and farm the alchemy ingredients there. Always in huge numbers, grow close and have ultimate fast respawn. I harvest about 20 pcs. from all ingredients available there in about hour, including expensive Columbine, which sells for 300g/pc.

When going there it's good to have a stamina based character (preferrably Nightblade) with Rapid Maneuver ability unlocked from Assault skill line from Cyrodiil Campaign and a green or better blue quality full armor with all traits for well-fitted (reduces the cost of sprinting effect).
    This will give you much better advantage over other players scouting area for the same purpose.

After few hours you simply sell the stacks in guild store for a fair price (have MM addon) and get few tens of thousands gold in your pocket :smiley: .

ps. I'm still quite new to eso (around 2 months in game), have only 1 nightblade vet1, and few other characters from lvl13 to 31. So from all ways I discovered so far, this one above seems best to earn money. I also sell or deconstruct all loot and craft all my gears and sell bestsellers in stores for MM price and have all 5 guild slots used. Cheers :smiley: .
    Edited by Gargath on October 27, 2015 10:36AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not swimming in gold, but then I'm still buying things - not at the point where there's nothing left to spend it on. (I've bought a couple horses, bought both daedric and ancient elf motifs for 4 different characters, still expanding my bank space and training up riding skills, trying to buy every recipe in game for my provisioner...)

One tip is to get all your characters certified to do the consumable crafting writs even if you're not leveling their craft - especially if you're not leveling their crafting in fact - and have them do those each day. Just keep them at the lowest tier of materials (which you can find pretty easily in the first zone). The equipment crafting writs will use up a lot of style materials which are harder to come by these days if you're not into stealing from nightstands, and they take more materials than the consumable ones do, but if you've got piles of jute and iron laying around you might want to do those as well. It can be harder to obtain higher tier materials, but collecting from starter zones will only get easier as time goes by, so that's why I recommend doing the writs at tier one on your non-crafting characters, while saving your higher level materials for your actual crafters to make the gear you want to use yourself. Higher tier writs do give helpful rewards for crafting, but if all you're concerned with is making gold then tier one writs are a better deal. Doing writs is a fairly quick way to make a little gold if you already have the materials on hand. True they're limited to one per craft, per character, per day, but they only take a couple minutes of playtime and then you can enjoy doing something else.

Faithfully doing 3 writs a day per character, on 8 low level characters, will get you at least 4,700 gold per day.
    Doing 3 writs a day per character, on 8 low-Veteran level characters, will get you about 14,400 gold per day.

Another tactic one of my friends does is chest runs on khenarthi's roost or bleakrock, and then selling everything after making a round of the island. She picks up materials to refine and sell at the same time. To give you an idea of profits, she says on low level khenarthi's she gets around 2000 gold per circuit after selling everything, however on veteran 1 khenarthi's I got about 2000 gold per circuit just from the chests themselves before selling any items. I haven't timed it, but I'm guessing I take around half an hour to go round the island harvesting and opening chests. It does seem to give better loot faster than killing things since you often just get potions or foul hides or whatever as corpse loot. But... crafting writs make more for the time spent on them than chest runs, when I'm already stocked up on materials.

Selling items in guild stores definitely gets you more than selling to NPC merchants, and it helps other players too, but you do have to be more patient and your success will also depend on how actively people are buying from that guild (either members or if they have a kiosk in the world).
    Edited by Aelthwyn on October 30, 2015 2:41AM
  • dothackza
    dothackza
    ✭✭
    Just hit 23mil. Learning the market and being in 5 different trading guilds definitely helped me a ton. It take a lot of patience to get some sort of ball rolling but when it does all you have to do is ride the momentum. #tradelifechoseme
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You-SKID wrote: »
    You need to wait for new content to come out then "exploit early, exploit often" until ZOS close the exploits.

Many fortunes have been made like that over the year-and-a-half this game has been running.

Alternatively, leech of the efforts of others and 'play the auction house', or in this game play the guild, 'buy low, sell high', aka. leeching off the efforts of others.
    Edited by KerinKor on October 30, 2015 7:44AM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just I'd like to add that being greedy isn't the good way to build a fortune, so it's wise to avoid bidding the items in prices much higher than average in MM addon. Although I witnessed yesterday a guy that claimed he bought 60 columbines for 1000 gold :o from another guy who was offering lots of stuff in general chat in Glenumbra, such bargains aren't too often and I think it shows only that some people do not know the real value of items and simply loose money on their own wish :).
    Edited by Gargath on October 30, 2015 9:30AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    BTW, MOST of the WHITE items you can pick up without a fight.. yeah.. those sell to a merchant. as they almost NEVER give a crafting component.

Yes they do, just not every one, it's a pot luck, you should still decon most of them anyway because A] You get crafting skill, B] You get slim chance at getting materials, and most importantly C] You don't get any money for selling most of them, 99% of white items you pick up from racks etc are priced at 0 gold. So telling people to sell those items is a really bad bit of advice.
    Edited by Belidos on October 30, 2015 2:50PM
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can steal items at any level. I can make 10k in fences that takes more or less 1h even less if you are lucky
    Also try to find a guild that runs IC farms or dungeons to seel vr15 loot.
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    I just fish.
    Fat Argonian Cook.