Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What would you recommend for this? PvP Vampire/WW Slayer/Hunter

21jws10
21jws10
✭✭✭
I'd class myself as more of a slayer than a hunter, not one for standing back and waiting really.

So I like to slay afflicted players in PvP, yet haven't made a character fully dedicated to doing this optimally, I would like your opinions/suggestions on the following things.. I always play Imperial.
  1. Which class would you recommend for this type of thing? Fighter's guild abilities are a must so this build is most likely going to be stamina based, I need a class which is good for combating these creatures but synergises well with the FG Skilline.
  2. What weapons should I use? This really stumps me, I like the majority of weapons, not really into my staves though. I don't want to feel generic, I want to do my job efficiently.
  3. Must have abilities? The majority of FG abilities look good for purpose, trap beast is worrying however.
PS4 | EU | falout565 | Looking for PvP group, messsage me, BWB
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars have that whole paladin/holylight/purity type vibe to them. So that could be cool. Righteous knight of holiness cleansing the darkness of it's evil.

Or for a darker take, Nightblade. Hunting the undead....from the shadows...

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking bow would synergize nicely with Evil Hunter and Silver Leash, and NB is the best bow class imo.
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    Decisions decisions..
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK with all their fire damage.

...sadly they are a bit crap! But I'm sure that will change soon enough.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class- Night Blade
    FG skills - silver shards, Camo Hunter and Flawless dawnbreaker... most passives

Weapons-
    Bow
    Silver shard
    bombard/mark target
    Camo hunter
    relentless focus
    Shadowy disguise(other morph)
    Ulti -
    Flawless dawnbreaker

2H
    executioner
    surprize attack/Wrecking blow
    Rally
    Ambush/Crit rush
    Mass hysteria
    Ulti - Soul Tether

from sneak,
    buff....
    Rally,
    camo hunter,
    Relentless focus,
    Heavy attack with bow,
    Silvershard,
    block cancel,
    silvershard,

swap(if there is still life),
    ambush,
    WB/surprise attack/executioner..

95% of vamps will not make it to the weapon swap...

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Class- Night Blade
    FG skills - silver shards, Camo Hunter and Flawless dawnbreaker... most passives

Weapons-
    Bow
    Silver shard
    bombard/mark target
    Camo hunter
    relentless focus
    Shadowy disguise(other morph)
    Ulti -
    Flawless dawnbreaker

2H
    executioner
    surprize attack/Wrecking blow
    Rally
    Ambush/Crit rush
    Mass hysteria
    Ulti - Soul Tether

from sneak,
    buff....
    Rally,
    camo hunter,
    Relentless focus,
    Heavy attack with bow,
    Silvershard,
    block cancel,
    silvershard,

swap(if there is still life),
    ambush,
    WB/surprise attack/executioner..

and to continue...

cry on forums when this gets "fixed".. which probably will be quite a while knowing ZOS.

• Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannakaobi wrote: »
    DK with all their fire damage.

...sadly they are a bit crap! But I'm sure that will change soon enough.

So are Templars, even more so since he leans towards a stamina build.

Go NB for sure.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolves: Bow is particularly nice when dealing with werewolves, given their weakness to poison and susceptibility to ranged attack. Bow also has the added bonus of has an ability and a passive which both can help you pull some distance from the Werewolf. Mobility and cc is your friend against wolves as well because they are fast and have melee abilities. CC is important so they don't get an opportunity to spam their self heal. Snares are good, so flying dagger is a nice skill to use for that purpose, and some kind of mobility skill is nice (Quick Cloak from DW or Boundless Lightning or Blur or Shadowy path).

Vampires: Fire Staff is probably the best pick for dealing with vampires obviously, although you can get higher weapon damage numbers on the bow (and other stamina weapons) than you can get spell damage numbers on the Staff. The DK obviously has the most innate Fire abilities and strongest fire abilities of any class. Since you don't want to go the spell route though, the other options are still good.

Just think about their weaknesses. Reverberating Bash (I believe that's the name) can defile your target significantly as well as off balancing them. I've used this one a lot to good effect, and its brutal versus Vampires because they already have low health regeneration. Wrecking Blow is a good skill as well to use against WW as long as they don't cc you first. Consider a an ability like the Fear, Javelin, Cloak, Talons, Cinders, Caltrops, etc to get better positioning.

Camouflage Hunter is great.

I'm not too great a fan of the Fighters Guild Rune thing. They might have improved it, but over many iterations of the game I tried to like that ability but no matter which morph I chose it was a flaccid ability. You can get more armor/sr from a class ability or armor ability and the secondary effects (like the fear) don't seem to work.

I've heard great things regarding Trap in the IC build, but I've also heard they were going to nerf it.

Silver Bolts is great. Hit 1 target at full value and 2 targets at half value. Its got a nice range, and fairly strong stamina damage (a little inferior to Flying Dagger), as well as the guild damage potential from it. The Silver leash morph is a skill I want to like but just can't seem to. Its nice 1v1 because you can do a nice cc with it. My only problem with the skill is that its somewhat situational.

Flawless Dawnbreaker: If you're going Stam based damage, this is the morph you want. If you're magicka based damage go the other morph.

US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • 21jws10
    21jws10
    ✭✭✭
    @dodgehopper_ESO sounds good, thanks for the in depth advice.

I think templar may be good due to that heal which uses dead bodies, if I'm correct it will base off stam now too?

Anyone else have any nice advice?
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    21jws10 wrote: »
    I'd class myself as more of a slayer than a hunter, not one for standing back and waiting really.

Don't go Camouflaged Hunter, you should pick the other morph for your playstyle.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    I use with my NB camo hunter + silver shard + heavy attack with bow from stealth. Poison arrow has the issue that it often prevents you from restealthing. I think its the dot. My char still has VR14 gear, stats are not optimized, I run with 20 stamina and 2,9 wpn dmg buffed. Nevertheless half of the vamps it instant kills. The rest you can finish off before they can break free and cast anything. If I would optimize everything I could easily do 40-50% more dmg.

I got a vamp bite some month ago by coincidence collecting mats which I activated this week. It can really be annoying for a vampire. Either I instant kill others or my char is instant killed himself. Sometimes I see camo procs of 10k+ on my death recap. Vampire is much stronger than normal chars but this is the downside.

But on the other side top players you can't kill with this combo. They literally take no significant dmg by this. Problem is your build is so specialized to instant kill vamps that if they can strike back there's not much you can do about it ;)

I would use a DK or a NB for that. DK for insane heavy attacks, NB for various opportunities to buff dmg and stealth play style. Optimally I would become a vampire for that kind of play style...what I personally find kinda strange to be necessary AND possible.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    Sometimes I see camo procs of 10k+ on my death recap.
    Yeah those are pretty insane.

Camo 10k
    Heavy attack 3k
    Camo 7k

Good fight!
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DK is a full time vamp/ww scum slayer in IC. Especially the groups of 5-10 who come camp outside base entrances trying to grief. I love it when this happens. Its like AP delivered nice and hot to your doorstep. nom nomx.

Main bar: BOW

Silver Shards
    Bombard/lethal injection ( i swap these around depending on situation)
    Molten Armaments
    Camo hunter ( triple proc any1? Watch vamps QQ rage at you for this. Vamp tears be sweeeeeeet)
    Vigor/caltrops/structured entropy (situational)
    Ult 1: Flawless dawnbreaker ( more weapon damage for more QQ cry nerfs)

Defence/utlity/meele bar: 2H

Vigor/crit rush
    WB
    Executioner
    fossilize ( this is an OP as *** skill. cast this and structured entropy into ulti = unblockable)
    Rally ( MORE WP DAMAAGE FOR MORE QQ?)

Ult 2: dragon leap/meteor

Playstyle. Troll cyro/Ic in stealth with invis pots + immovable pots and look for the glowy Vamp/WW scum. When you spot 1,

Rally>camo hunter>molten armaments
    Pull bow heavy attack and keep mouse button held
    Press silver shards

Watch vamp explode into blue dust cos he took 60k damage in da FACE. Most people will pm QQ you accusing you of exploiting and using macros but just reply with a =D and drink their sweet tears.

On the off chance someone survives (most likely a non vamp), thats where ur 2h comes into play. They should be down to 1/4 to maybe 1/3 of their life after your initial combo. Swap to 2h crit rush in. Keep pressure on them with WB forcing them to run/heal bascially go defensive. CC immunity over --> fossilize>structured entropy>meteor/leap = GG WP.

For a breakdown of stats, i run 3.2k wp damage on bow with 35k stamina unbuffed. CP (green) into warlord + return more resources on heavy attacks. Blue --> mighty/precise/armor pen. Red --> whatever the heck you want.

5 hundings/3 agility/molag kena shoulders. All gold with all stam. Also me is imperial so more stam = more burst. Plus a bigger stam pool returns more stamina with earthen heart skills =D
    Edited by Vangy on November 1, 2015 2:59PM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz