Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It's raining PURPLES !

Fultono
Fultono
Soul Shriven
Hey guys. New to the game and loving it. Playing alone so learning as I go.
One thing I've noticed is since hitting level 30 I've looted 2 purple level 31/33 purple items. FrI'm. Random trash mobs. How can I find the value of these items to determine weather I shouls try selling them or just using them. And lastly, are purples that uncommon or is it something to be excited about ?

Cheers :)
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Rejoice! Purple loot is always nice.

Resale value of such relatively low level items as you described is limited though, it's a very specific item so finding a buyer is gonna be hard.

But I still love getting them because of crafting XP from deconstructing, and a chance on a purple upgrade material, worth around 1500 I think.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Fultono
    Fultono
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the info. Really helps. I was considering using the items but I'm leveling at a pace that I'd only find value in it for a limited time. Maybe I'll deconstruct in a few levels. Cheers !
  • Levo18
    Levo18
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything under vet 16 is trash to deconstruct.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah since you're low level, it won't sell for much. My recommendation is to deconstruct it for the purple material once you've out leveled it!
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if you had a purple vr16 item, it still won't sell for almost anything UNLESS it's part of a wanted set that people want. That's where the money comes in!
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Fultono wrote: »
    Thank you for the info. Really helps. I was considering using the items but I'm leveling at a pace that I'd only find value in it for a limited time. Maybe I'll deconstruct in a few levels. Cheers !

Sure thing mate, also don't forget to put skill-points into the metal extraction, wood extraction and unraveling passives. These improve your chances of getting valuable upgrade materials while deconstructing and are very much worth the skill-points early on. As you level higher you'll have plenty of skill-points to invest in other skills and passives.
    Edited by Fat-Larry-Makes-All on October 24, 2015 5:32PM
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Fultono
    Fultono
    Soul Shriven
    You guys are beauties !!