Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Glyphs stats not making sense

MattyMatty
MattyMatty
✭✭
So I crafted a couple of some of my very first Glyphs and bit confused - in Inventory screen the Glyph says increases Stamina 82, but when I go to apply it to armour the value goes down to 33 or 34 ???
"Look I got cleAN SOCKS"
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know that if you make a blue glyph and then apply it to a green (i.e. lower level) item, you will not get "full" value for it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You only get the full value on big armour pieces (chest, legs, head, shield). All other pieces just get 40% of the effect.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh... forgot that part.

Heck you get full value on sheild? Cool!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing, when you do the 'enchant' you should get a subscreen where you can roll over the item "before" and "after" to double check exactly what it will do.
  • MattyMatty
    MattyMatty
    ✭✭
    Im on XB1 so get a current stats screento the right and the after result of using the glyph to compare next to each other - and canna believe that you only get 40% , is that because they are lesser armour pieces and so would not make sense to get the full effect like a chest plate will??
    "Look I got cleAN SOCKS"
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I know that if you make a blue glyph and then apply it to a green (i.e. lower level) item, you will not get "full" value for it.
    nop the reason you get lower value is already explained
    if you put a blue glyph on green item it will be blue value
    say green gives 30 and blue 40, it will be 40
    one of my toons is running around with green jewelry and gold enchants :)
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing, when you do the 'enchant' you should get a subscreen where you can roll over the item "before" and "after" to double check exactly what it will do.

Are you on Console? Because on PC, you the the "before" --> "after" images for the piece and that will tell you the stats.

Of course, nobody ever looks at that before enchanting (myself included).
    The Moot Councillor
  • MattyMatty
    MattyMatty
    ✭✭
    Eerrrmmm 2 posts ago >>> " I am on XB1"

Can't see the wood for the trees eh!! :D
    "Look I got cleAN SOCKS"
  • NoMaassPliz
    NoMaassPliz
    ✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »

So just to make sure... if I have a purple chest and I use a gold enchant, I'm still getting the gold enchant value, correct? this would be a serious facepalm if not the case...
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NoMaassPliz - YES...

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »

So just to make sure... if I have a purple chest and I use a gold enchant, I'm still getting the gold enchant value, correct? this would be a serious facepalm if not the case...

You get an increase of approximately 10 for each color grade of the item to be enchanted; Green +10, Blue +20, Purple +30, & Gold +40.

So best possible enchantment will be Gold Enchantment on Gold Item.
    Edited by Drax76 on October 29, 2015 2:56AM
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just tested this last night, you get the value of the glyph that you apply, what you apply it to matters not. I put Gold Glyphs on Green Jewlery and got the expected increase in my stats. Actually, I got a bit more than the expected increase.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    The Armor items function slightly differently than Jewelry.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank