Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can we have an option to cancel a research within 5 minutes of starting?

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I woke up nice and early to kick my researching off as normal before going to work, however instead of researching a medium armour piece I accidentally researched a sash. Now I have to wait another week before completing my 6 traits because of simple human error.
Please can you add the ability to cancel a trait research within 5 minutes of beginning it. You have other things like this in place when you accidentally sell an item to a merchant - you can buy it back. There should be some way to cancel researching a trait, within a small timeframe of course.
Edited by Alucardo on October 23, 2015 6:34PM
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to cancel it at any time, I think.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to cancel it at any time, I think.

I agree, with the penalty of losing the item and of course any time you spend researching it.

But, here is one for you. I was researching weapons and had most weapons at 6 traits but two of them. When I went to research the one handed hammer, I picked the two handed hammer, so instead of putting something I wanted up for research and having it take like 12 days, it instead took 24 days. That was a Grrr moment.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    But, here is one for you. I was researching weapons and had most weapons at 6 traits but two of them. When I went to research the one handed hammer, I picked the two handed hammer, so instead of putting something I wanted up for research and having it take like 12 days, it instead took 24 days. That was a Grrr moment.
    Ouch! I think mine is going to set me back about 6-7 days, but true it can be pretty time consuming for something that is simple human error.
    I think if you cancel it within 5 minutes there should be no penalty, but if you decide to do it later on it should still be possible, but will cost you the item.
  • BorrawinTheWarrior
    Yeah I agree. We should definitely have the option to.cancel within the first 5 minutes. Just in case those mistakes do happen.