Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Beginner Chef

Molag_Crow
Molag_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey. Throughout the months of playing, I've only focused on Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing and Enchanting so I left provisioning and alchemy alone, and I'm seeing why that's a bad idea, especially without the right food.

If I work on my provisioning (I have 100+ recipes learned including a few epic ones) but the things that put me off is the fact that you need stuff like frost mirriam to make the 3 stat food... I have no idea how to get that and I always have only around 20k-50k gold so I can't afford to buy epic food from guild traders etc, i wanted to start making my own... any advice?
--ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
YoutTube ESO Playlist
The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
Be your true, authentic self.

Best Answers

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Within the first couple days of doing (lowest level) provisioning writs, I've gotten two purple ingredients, including a frost mirriam. So if you're not already doing writs, you definitely want to start. You can even do them on multiple characters and have your main provisioner supply the goods.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Answer ✓
  • Oberon45
    Oberon45
    ✭✭✭
    I am at work now, so I can't check, but I don't think that I have 3/3 and I still get it from time-to-time. Either way going from 26-28 shouldn't take that long. Leveling up provisioning goes quicker than most if not all of the other crafts.
    Answer ✓
  • Oberon45
    Oberon45
    ✭✭✭
    Put skill points into the provisioning hireling. They will deliver it every now and again.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Oberon45 thanks, I'm only 26 provisioning by the way.. so I can't get the hireling til 28, I assume you only get frost mim from 3/3 hireling.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, thanks got the advice :sunglasses:
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oberon45 thanks, I'm only 26 provisioning by the way.. so I can't get the hireling til 28, I assume you only get frost mim from 3/3 hireling.
    You can get it from 2/3 hirelings but the drop rate is higher with 3/3. It also helps a lot if you have more than one character with provisioning leveled.

All my 8 characters have provisioning level 50 and hirelings at 3/3. It's the best way to rake in the purple mats needed for high level food/drinks.
    :smile:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so I can't afford to buy epic food from guild traders etc, i wanted to start making my own... any advice?

Then make Blue foods and drinks. You can buff two Attributes or Regens, and get more doing so on those Attributes/Regen than the Purple does.

In the meantime, you should be able to buy the Purple Ingredients for a reasonable amount from Guild Stores, no need to buy the completed foods. On the PC/NA I sell Purple Foods for 699 gold a 10 stack, so those are not really expensive either.

However even being able to make all the purples I want, I usually use Blue Foods on characters

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been doing level 1 provisioning writs for a couple months now on my main, just about every day, and I haven't received a single purple ingredient, nor purple recipe
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmmmmm ... well, thanks. I'll give it a shot anyway and stick to blue food for now
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been doing level 1 provisioning writs for a couple months now on my main, just about every day, and I haven't received a single purple ingredient, nor purple recipe

I don't think there are any L1 Recipes (L1 to L15 character) that come in Purple. There are some Blues that go down to character level 10. You need to be doing at least L2 writs to hope to get a Purple Recipe

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    @CrowsDescend

To level it up quick, using the HIGHEST level provisioning recipe you know, food or drink.

Most materials can be found in barrels, crates, bags, sacks.

Its easy to level up for free, just gotta take the time to open up those barrels and crates.

You can get free frost mirrium and bervez juice from your hierlings and from completeing daily provisioning writs.

Happy Crafting
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more I play, the more I think the tri stat food and drinks are overrated. I prefer health + 1 primary stat and I only wish that blue food would last two hours as well.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    The more I play, the more I think the tri stat food and drinks are overrated. I prefer health + 1 primary stat and I only wish that blue food would last two hours as well.

Oddly enough I'm finding that in IC (not regular Cyrodiil) tri-stat drinks are serving me well.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis