Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idk anymore

Black_Canary15
My altmer nightblade is level 31 but all my quests are level 38 or higher and idk what I should do exactly to level her up. My current quest i'm dealing with enemies who deal fire damage and i'm a vampire so that's a shot to my health right there. Should I be doing dungeons or something?
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, you should be doing dungeons, and alot of other quests. If you're in a level 38 area and you're only level 31, you've missed alot of dungeons, quests, etc.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Black_Canary15
    before I left each area I walked around and didn't see any black arrows for new quests besides the writs you can get in town. everytime I've tried to do a dungeon i'm just so weak. is there a list of quests I could google search for or something?
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    As @starlizard70ub17_ESO alluded to, if you are a Level 31 in a Level 38 area, you have missed a lot of quests somewhere along the way.

Did you do the starting island for AD, Khenarthi's Roost? Skipping that usually costs you several levels.

Doing all quests, delves, and public dungeons (you don't even need to do the group dungeons or world bosses) should keep you over-leveled throughout most of the game...I would go back to all the areas you've been to previously and make sure you didn't miss any delves (shown by a torch icon on your map) or major quest hubs (icons on the map that will change from black to white when you complete the main quest there). The quest hubs also usually have one or two smaller quests nearby that will give you extra experience. Quests can also be found off the beaten path, so make sure you explore the wilderness and don't just stick to roads. I'm sure you can find a pretty comprehensive list of most the quests in ESO somewhere online, but I don't know of a good one offhand. A good marker of if you have completed all the quests in a zone is whether or not you have received the Adventurer Achievement for that area (for example, the achievements will say something like complete X number of quests in Auridon). These achievements don't require that you complete every single quest in a zone, but you do have to complete the vast majority to obtain them.

Another thing to look at, as a nightblade, do you try to play a pretty sneaky character? If you avoid killing a lot of mobs (i.e., sneaking past them or using other aversion methods), you are missing out on a ton of XP and this could keep you under-leveled. You don't have to go out of your way to kill stuff, but you shouldn't avoid it either.

Just some things to look at...

Edited by Allyhoo811 on October 22, 2015 3:41PM
  • Black_Canary15
    i'm with ebonheart pact
  • Black_Canary15
    so I haven't really made it there yet I don't believe
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Shanetra09 wrote: »
    i'm with ebonheart pact

Sorry, I saw Altmer in your original post and assumed AD (should have looked at your signature lol). The starter islands for you in EP would be Bleakrock Isle and Bal Foyen.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on October 22, 2015 3:55PM
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »
    i'm with ebonheart pact
    Sorry, I saw Altmer in your original post and assumed AD (should have looked at your signature lol). The starter islands for you in EP would be Bleakrock Isle and Bal Foyen.
    Wait a minute; you cannot be with the Ebonheart Pact if you are an Altmer (I tried), or am I missing something?

• Black_Canary15
    i'm with ebonheart pact
    Wait a minute; you cannot be with the Ebonheart Pact if you are an Altmer (I tried), or am I missing something?

when I bought my ps4 copy at gamestop they gave me the code so I could be any race in any alliance
  • Black_Canary15
    i'm with ebonheart pact

it's okay I have the code where I can be any race in any alliance
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    i'm with ebonheart pact
    when I bought my ps4 copy at gamestop they gave me the code so I could be any race in any alliance
    A cheat?

• Black_Canary15
    i'm with ebonheart pact
    A cheat?

um no smh. If you pre-ordered the game you got that code or if you bought a new copy you got that code in the box.
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    i'm with ebonheart pact
    A cheat?
    um no smh. If you pre-ordered the game you got that code or if you bought a new copy you got that code in the box.
    I bought a pc copy last week and I don't see any code in the box.

• Black_Canary15
    I don't know about pc copies...i'm console only but I also heard you can buy it out of the crown store.
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm with ebonheart pact
    A cheat?
    I bought a pc copy last week and I don't see any code in the box.

If shops don't sell all their pre-order copies prior to release they tend to just keep on selling them after release.

To answer your original question you might want to take a look at a website like uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online and see what quests you've missed. If you just follow the main and faction questlines you'll miss a lot of them.

Edited by BabeestorGor on October 22, 2015 4:19PM
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about pc copies...i'm console only but I also heard you can buy it out of the crown store.

Yes, you can purchase the Adventurer's Pack from the Crown Store, which allows you to place as any race in any alliance.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend that you do quests in Cyrodiil (the repeatable ones). They provide a lot of experience, and they are really fast to do. But you do risk being ganked and then rekt.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Black_Canary15
    I would recommend that you do quests in Cyrodiil (the repeatable ones). They provide a lot of experience, and they are really fast to do. But you do risk being ganked and then rekt.

I would have to buy the dlc and I don't want to really. I've found over 50 quests I haven't even done so i'll do those and then see where i'm at. Hopefully closer to what I need to be.
  • ShadowMage
    ShadowMage
    ✭✭✭

I would have to buy the dlc and I don't want to really. I've found over 50 quests I haven't even done so i'll do those and then see where i'm at. Hopefully closer to what I need to be.
    You don't need the DLC to get into Cyrodil. Just the Imperial City.

As a side note regarding those 50 quests you missed, if they're greyed out, you won't get any experience from them. The quests grey out when you're more than 5 levels above (or below, I believe).
    Edited by ShadowMage on October 22, 2015 7:06PM
    PC / NA
    Thenathra - Khajiit Stormblade (Sorcerer - Dual-wield Swords/Lightning Staff)

Several alts I've created, but haven't leveled much yet:
    Norryne - Dunmer Paladin (Templar - Two-hand Hammer/One-hand Hammer & Shield)
    Demerwei - Argonian Shadowscale (Nightblade - Dual-wield Axes/Dual-wield Daggers)
    Gohrnag - Orc Elementalist (Dragon Knight - Frost Staff/Lightning Staff)
    Kerasha - Redguard Mystic (Templar - Flame Staff/Restoration Staff)
    Alawael - Bosmer Assassin (Nightblade - Bow/Two-hand Battleaxe)
    Hjerlm the Quiet - Nord Dragonguard (Dragon Knight - One-hand Sword & Shield/Two-hand Greatsword)
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowMage wrote: »

As a side note regarding those 50 quests you missed, if they're greyed out, you won't get any experience from them. The quests grey out when you're more than 5 levels above (or below, I believe).

If you're over the 5 level limit, you'll get the experience for doing the quest, but won't get xp or loot from the mobs you kill doing the quest. You may also get a skill point for a few quests.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

If you're over the 5 level limit, you'll get the experience for doing the quest, but won't get xp or loot from the mobs you kill doing the quest. You may also get a skill point for a few quests.

This is correct. Even greyed out quests give XP. It's just XP and loot from mobs that you'd be missing out on. It is definitely worth it to go back and do those 50 quests. It will help you get to where you need to be level-wise.

• Black_Canary15
    ShadowMage wrote: »

they are green to light orange. the other ones I had were completely red.
  • Black_Canary15

This is correct. Even greyed out quests give XP. It's just XP and loot from mobs that you'd be missing out on. It is definitely worth it to go back and do those 50 quests. It will help you get to where you need to be level-wise.

i'll go back to that in a few. took a small break from playing all day.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    My altmer nightblade is level 31 but all my quests are level 38 or higher and idk what I should do exactly to level her up. My current quest i'm dealing with enemies who deal fire damage and i'm a vampire so that's a shot to my health right there. Should I be doing dungeons or something?

I googled each area to get the majority of the quests, make sure you get the achievement for doing the quests in the area before moving on. Some are a pain to find but then you should out level the quests. I entered Coldharbor as VR1 doing that and I have not done many dungeons just mainly doing quests.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    I googled each area to get the majority of the quests, ...
    Talking to people in game would have gotten you them too.

• Jorva
    Jorva
    ✭✭
    You could get add-ons that will show you quests that you didn't start. If you do a little of research for those add-ons from EsoUi, it will save you tons of time questing. You might find other sorts of add-ons that might tickle your fancy. If you really plan to get add-ons, you might need to know a little about placing the add-on downloads into the proper folders. That will also take some time researching, or ask anybody knowledgeable enough to explain it to you.
    Jorvo Stormwolf
    Ebonheart Pact
    PC Platform