Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Utilizing trade guilds

DeLong84
DeLong84
I've joined a couple trade guilds I'm wondering what's the best way to use them as far as what the best things to sell are and what prices I should set
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Well that's kind of a broad question. I'm not really an expert, all I really sell in guild stores is perfect roe from fishing and void crafting materials from Craglorn.

I suppose this pricelist could be helpful to you:
    http://tradelodge.blogspot.be/p/pricelist.html

It's not at all set in stone however, in my experience guild stores are very fickle. The same item or items might sell for amazingly high once and then sit at a bargain price for weeks when you try it again.

Edit: Oh and looking through that pricelist: never sell unrefined crafting materials such as ores and rough wood. Refining them gets you upgrade materials wich you can then sell for a much higher price. Especially with skill points in the correct passives like Wood extraction.
    Edited by Fat-Larry-Makes-All on October 21, 2015 2:41AM
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • DeLong84
    DeLong84
    Thanks
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Things that typically sell well (on PC/NA):

Perfect Roe
    Alchemy Reagents (bugloss, columbine, mountain flower, namira's rot, lady's smock -- sell the best)
    Unrefined Crafting Mats (Note: Never sell refined crafting mats, people are buying these to refine them, not to make stuff with. If you have enough skill points in the passives that allow you to obtain more upgrade materials, it may be more beneficial to refine them yourself and sell the upgrade materials. However, get upgrade mats from refining is still largely based on RNG and it is often more worthwhile to just sell the unrefined mats and let the buyer deal with the fickleness of the RNG gods)
    Recipes -- if priced fairly
    Motifs -- if priced fairly
    Purple and Gold upgrade materials
    Provisioning ingredients -- if priced right (food typically sells for less than the ingredients used to make them)
  • amybunny
    amybunny
    Soul Shriven
    The only thing I'd add to Allyhoo's comment is that one might also consider the location of the guild trader. I believe (am not sure) the guild traders in Craglorn, Grahtwood, and other "hub" locations, will see more traffic, and thus sales.
    NA/PC server - @amybunny - VR 16 Imperial Dragonknight Tank - The last ESO real tank?
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

Perfect Roe
    Alchemy Reagents (bugloss, columbine, mountain flower, namira's rot, lady's smock -- sell the best)
    Unrefined Crafting Mats (Note: Never sell refined crafting mats, people are buying these to refine them, not to make stuff with. If you have enough skill points in the passives that allow you to obtain more upgrade materials, it may be more beneficial to refine them yourself and sell the upgrade materials. However, get upgrade mats from refining is still largely based on RNG and it is often more worthwhile to just sell the unrefined mats and let the buyer deal with the fickleness of the RNG gods)
    Provisioning ingredients -- if priced right (food typically sells for less than the ingredients used to make them)

Disagree. You will never get the same price for a stack of 200 unrefined materials as you would get when you refine the whole stack and sell the upgrade materials. One single golden or two purple upgrade mats is 3k right there, and you will easily get that when refining 200 rough pieces.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    I chuck everything onto the guild store for 10-20x the price an npc vendor offers, seems to work well
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

Perfect Roe

Disagree. You will never get the same price for a stack of 200 unrefined materials as you would get when you refine the whole stack and sell the upgrade materials. One single golden or two purple upgrade mats is 3k right there, and you will easily get that when refining 200 rough pieces.

The RNG gods must just not like me then...I frequently refine stacks of 200 materials without getting a gold or 2 purples :(
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All

Perfect Roe

The RNG gods must just not like me then...I frequently refine stacks of 200 materials without getting a gold or 2 purples :(

Really? That's odd.. I almost never refine a stack of 200 without getting a gold upgrade item. It's why I love harvesting every last node I see. Are you sure you've got skill-points in the correct passives? Without those you can't get purple or gold items from refining materials.

My luck is weird though, at Vet 7 I've found 2 dwemer motifs so far, without farming, but unfortunately they were both the exact same chapter.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

Perfect Roe

Really? That's odd.. I almost never refine a stack of 200 without getting a gold upgrade item. It's why I love harvesting every last node I see. Are you sure you've got skill-points in the correct passives? Without those you can't get purple or gold items from refining materials.

My luck is weird though, at Vet 7 I've found 2 dwemer motifs so far, without farming, but unfortunately they were both the exact same chapter.

Yup, I have all the passives in extraction (for woodworking and tailoring, I don't focus much on blacksmithing)...I guess RNG just hates me when it comes to this area of the game lol

Oddly, I have pretty good luck when it comes to getting gold items from hirelings and even harvest kuta runestones out in the wild fairly frequently. I'm also pretty lucky when it comes to perfect roe. But the particular RNG gods that control extraction and purple/gold motif looting are not my friends. Doesn't stop me from harvesting every node and opening every barrel, desk, and urn, though!
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on October 21, 2015 7:50PM
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Double post

Edited by Allyhoo811 on October 21, 2015 7:46PM