The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

When will the double and triple load screens stop?

• DaveTheMinion
    DaveTheMinion
    ✭✭✭
    If I am playing my Sorc I don't have an issue with the loading screen but if I swap to my NB I get longer screen loading times and sometimes the double load???

Because the current issue is longer loading screens on Vet Rank Characters.

Both my characters are VR16
    EU PS4 Megaserver
    VR16 Sorc - Daggerfall - Magic Build
    VR16 Nightblade - Daggerfall - Stamina Build

PS4 Guild: Illuminati Gaming for the over 30's is not a myth.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I am playing my Sorc I don't have an issue with the loading screen but if I swap to my NB I get longer screen loading times and sometimes the double load???

Well then I suppose you're either lucky or the one with less loading screen times isn't changing zones or entering crowded areas much lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • DaveTheMinion
    DaveTheMinion
    ✭✭✭

Well then I suppose you're either lucky or the one with less loading screen times isn't changing zones or entering crowded areas much lol

I am definitely not lucky RNG hates me, but you could be onto something, my Sorc joined the Scourge campaign where as my NB is Azura Star if that's how its spelt?
    EU PS4 Megaserver

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I am definitely not lucky RNG hates me, but you could be onto something, my Sorc joined the Scourge campaign where as my NB is Azura Star if that's how its spelt?

Well crowded does make for longer loading so if there are a lot of people wherever you load in a campaign then sure it will extend the load time a bit. As for what I meant by lucky it had nothing to do with RNG but just connectivity-wise and stuff lol
  • DaveTheMinion
    DaveTheMinion
    ✭✭✭

Well crowded does make for longer loading so if there are a lot of people wherever you load in a campaign then sure it will extend the load time a bit. As for what I meant by lucky it had nothing to do with RNG but just connectivity-wise and stuff lol

well be more specific Joe, its early morning and I am on my first coffee lol My NB has gone though a door and dropped through the map, yet I haven't had any issues like that with my Sorc, but as you say it could all be down to luck.
    EU PS4 Megaserver

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

well be more specific Joe, its early morning and I am on my first coffee lol My NB has gone though a door and dropped through the map, yet I haven't had any issues like that with my Sorc, but as you say it could all be down to luck.

First off lol and second off clipping is a completely seperate, and annoying, issue. And yeah it's early morning here too and by all rights I should be in bed asleep but don't feel like sleeping so just hangin' on the forums for awhile lol

Actually after re-reading this thread I can see that clipping is the topic but OP didn't realize it so I oversaw it so my bad lol but yeah clipping is definitely annoying...
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 22, 2015 9:34AM
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading Screen is really a mistaken name, much more accurate to call them Waiting Screens as 90% of the time there is no loading going on and you're waiting on the game server.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Loading Screen is really a mistaken name, much more accurate to call them Waiting Screens as 90% of the time there is no loading going on and you're waiting on the game server.

Apropos
    Edited by nathan_bri on October 26, 2015 3:06PM
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically, have patience. They are doing everything they can to resolve the issue.

First month I had patience.

Now? They can release a bunch of Micro transactions items, but not fix the loading screens?

Nah...other games are coming out, if they cant prioritize then thats on them,
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope499 wrote: »
    So basically, have patience. They are doing everything they can to resolve the issue.

Now? They can release a bunch of Micro transactions items, but not fix the loading screens?

Although development efforts are split up among various things—one team works on A and another on B—it does seem like the loading screens are talked about only briefly and are not acknowledged for the "show stopper" that they are.

If you try to bring it up, some people will say, "It's not that bad. How much time out of your day are you actually waiting on loading screens?" For folks like me, with sixteen characters spread out over three accounts, nine of them with a full set of hirelings that send me things twice daily... it's easily 90 minutes of my day just sitting there waiting on ESO.

I've pretty much stopped playing because of it.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's just my imagination, but it feels to me like the last few days the loading screens haven't been taking as long... Still longer than pre-Imperial City, but they feel like they've been the shortest since then.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    ESO need to use more memory in RAM then that 2GB~......
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    didnt someone already confirm a while back that chars made after a certain date were unaffected by the new loading times? new chars are just fine, hell my v5 i made a few months back loads every zone rather quickly but my v16s its 2-3 mins to load any zone
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    didnt someone already confirm a while back that chars made after a certain date were unaffected by the new loading times? new chars are just fine, hell my v5 i made a few months back loads every zone rather quickly but my v16s its 2-3 mins to load any zone
    If you change zone, you change zone server. New character have less data to synchronize near zone servers. 60-90% loading screen time is waiting for server.
    Edited by Keepercraft on October 26, 2015 6:24PM
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashaerien wrote: »
    Every time I zone in to any place, or log in, I get the initial loading screen with the picture of the area and the quote for about 1 minute. Then I get another reload screen for about a few seconds, then again for a split second, and again for a split second.

Is this being patched in Orsinium? Does this even happen to anybody else?

Loading Simulator 2015
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    & to add insult to injury, lately the first load screen with the little tidbit of lore only lasts a few seconds.
    Then I get a helpful hint one that sits there and sits there.

I don't have time to read the one and have to wait out the other.
    :(
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • nathan_bri
    nathan_bri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did extensive testing—which I posted about elsewhere—and the problem rests solely with the server. Almost all of our computers are fast enough to load the zone data in just a few seconds... it's not the 32-bit client's fault. You can see this for yourself if you travel to a friend or guild member in the same zone as you. Sometimes it's just a couple seconds, but sometimes it can take a good 60-90 seconds. During this much longer time, your computer is doing essentially nothing related to ESO. It's just sitting there waiting on the server to do whatever it takes for you to join that other person in their zone channel. A zone channel is what the developers call a zone instance.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hope499 wrote: »

You honestly think they aren't trying? Let's see you try to fix something they can't even find the root cause of then!
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »

This
  • RAMdisk
    RAMdisk
    By now, it ought to be clear for all, that there is one poor person in Zenimax basement, whose only task is to swap floppydisks. They aren't even hireing gerbils for their servers... ...they manually swap floppydisks. Oh. The travesty...
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get double loading screens a lot on all my characters. What I have found is that they seem to happen mostly when I first log in, less so when I change zones or move to different waypoints in the same zone.

What I have also found is that upon logging in, if I do absolutely nothing for 1-2 minutes I don't get the 2nd loading screen. If I try and move or look around I get hit with the second loading screen. This also applies to when traveling around via waypoints after loading the game, if I'm going to player-heavy places - if lots of players around and I move/look-around I'll often get a second loading screen, whereas if hardly anyone is around I get nothing.

I also always get a second loading screen when loading/porting bugs out and puts me very high in the sky - I have been lucky in that I have been getting the second loading screen before hitting the ground and dying most of the time. I have been killed by this a few times, and when this happens I get to press the 'rez at waypoint' button and roll the dice whether I'm going to get another sky-fall or load properly. And yes, I have gotten 2 sky-falls in a row... thankfully I got second loading screened before dying a second time when it happened.

I know they are working on fixing it, but hope they can sort it out soon. Have to admit having to wait 1-2 min to do anything upon logging in and/or loading into a crowded waypoint area is boring for me.
    o_O
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've noticed that the longer load screens tend to pop up with a "Your skill have been reset due to recent changes..." prompt. I get it 3-4 times a day, and I'm starting to wonder if one of the scripts that checks your character upon load in to the zone is just completely broken. Because the longer the loads the more likely that lil' respect window pops up.
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I've noticed that the longer load screens tend to pop up with a "Your skill have been reset due to recent changes..." prompt. I get it 3-4 times a day, and I'm starting to wonder if one of the scripts that checks your character upon load in to the zone is just completely broken. Because the longer the loads the more likely that lil' respect window pops up.

When your character have more information related, it is oblivious that synq-server need to synchronize more information between zone-server and backup-server.
    21473-obviously-snob-meme-generator.jpg
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to remember which one they said they had a fix already for... either the load screens or the dead entrance/falling. One of them IS being fixed with the next big update. Anyone else watch that live event that can confirm which one?
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
  • Dreizopf
    Dreizopf
    ✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Ashaerien wrote: »
    When will the double and triple load screens stop? Is this being patched in Orsinium?
    Yes, by adding 1 additional minute on all loading screens. For free!
    <3

.... and you can buy another additional minute in crown store soon. >:)
    Edited by Dreizopf on October 27, 2015 1:28PM
    Man sollte sagen, was man meint. Wenn man nicht sagt, was man meint, dann meint man nicht, was man sagt.
    You should say what you are meaning. If you don't say what you are meaning, you don't mean what you are saying.
    (Wittgenstein, "Lycidas", Christoph Marzi)
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2nd load screen comes with a gravity buff. There's a 50% likelihood that I will fall to my death on spawning after the 2nd one.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that happens a lot to me as well since Imperial City went live. It loads in for a split second, then i end up in the sky, and then i either fall to my death, or it loads again where my toon drops down but not from a great height, and finally it loads in. I also see a lot of shadow people in loading in and zoning. People's toons are all Shadow People. Freaky!!