Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

whats the best way to use an XP potion?

Myyth
Myyth
✭✭✭✭✭
I have an xp potion and I would like to know the most efficient way to use it.

My first attempt using an XP potion did not go well. I had some extra crowns so bought a potion from the store and thought that I would make a new character and level him up fast. What a mistake that was. I tried doing quests and it was a complete waste of an XP potion and my crowns.
With the travel time and running back and forth, quests that have multiple steps with no xp till the end, quests that have no combat just endless talking and going back and forth wasting time and since you usually you do one quest at a time it made questing is just too slow.

I also figure that since dungeons dont give much xp they would probably be a waste of a potion too.
Maybe grinding? If you just constantly kill mobs?

What is the best way to use an XP potion?
Thanks!

• Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    As you say, while questing you loose most of the xp pot/scroll benefit.
    Yes grinding is the more efficient use of the pot but how boring :(

I know I use it in Cyrodiil when my faction owns the place (so I can port fast everywhere) : I do as much quests as I can without turning them back. When I have around 20 quests to return, I use a pot and return them as fast as possible. But honestly that's just me and once again... grinding would be more efficient not to loose anything on your pot :(

What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah I had hoped that grinding wasnt the best use :(
    that would be a very boring use of a potion. I guess I could put some music on.

ok maybe thats a good idea. Save up a bunch of completed quests and turn them all in at once? How many completed quests can you store in your log? The only problem is that you need to complete some quests to open the next quests. So this might end up being difficult to do and be a headache planning.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure that its worth using at low levels at all.

Grinding would be the best, but it kills me to grind. Cyrodiil quests are great. Bruma is fastest. The others are good too, except Chorral (way too much travelling).
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Grinding and cyrodiil quests are the best, in cyrodiil there's several quest hubs (cheydinhal, bruma, cropsford) that offer good xp and are very quick. But to me, probably more boring than grinding. If you find a partner or group to run dungeons with then it's also worth it as long as everyone understands you're speed running for XP.

Also, don't forget the provisioning passives to increase the time on ambrosia drinks.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One time I used an experience potion while questing. What I did was do a bunch of quests stopping just short of turning them in. Quaffed the potion and then turned all the quests in. This is not a situation that your going to have often though.

Usually, find a good grind spot with lots of fast respawning mobs and use the potion in conjunction with grinding the mobs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rabiddingo087
    Rabiddingo087
    Soul Shriven
    Drinking it would probably be best...

I don't think ESO has suppositories!

Sorry, had to!
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Clean your quest log by finishing or abandoning every last quest on there, then start questing and do them right up to the "Complete quest" diologue. That way every quest marker on your map means instant exp once you pop dat psijic.

Another tip would be to save as much weapons and armour as you can to deconstruct while on a xp-booster. Especially blue ones and items with the intricate trait. Though this only works to level crafting skill lines.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use xp bosst from veteran rank 1 and above.

You can take dolmen and world bosses with xp boost.

Group up with a partner, and do public dungeon with xp boost.

Quest with xp boost yes, thats not problem, only some quests that are much back and forth. You might be unlucky on the quest you tested xp boost on.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons, dolmens and world bosses works for me
    If you in PC/DC/NA
    I don't mind running some with you over weekend.
    @KrainorBlackthorne
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 2, 2015 5:24PM
  • KaylynT
    KaylynT
    I used my horse and ran and opened everything I could possibly unlock. Use armor with exploration . I also pick up as many quest as possible( I think cap is 25). After opening the areas and picking up the quests, I would quickly complete as many as possible in that area then wayshrine my way to the next quest site.
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    BEST WAY

1. Collect 25 Quests and as you complete them do not hand them in....
    2. Drink Psijic Ambrosia Pot when all 25 are complete
    3. Hand in all quests while pot is actice

Takes planing but this will yield the most XP out of the XP boost (+50%)

What can increase this further while handing in above....
    • Be an ESO Plus member (+10%)
    • Group with ONE friend (+10%)
    • Wear Ring of Mara with the ONE friend (+10%)
    • Group with two friends and each share a ring of mara with each other (+20%)

if additive the max buff
    Alone --> +60% XP/IP for duration (Pot + ESO Plus)
    Party of two --> +80% XP/IP for duration (Pot + ESO Plus + Group + Ring)
    Party of three --> +90% XP/IP for duration (Pot + ESO Plus + Group + Rings)
    Edited by Tallowby on December 4, 2015 4:25PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • EllieBlue
    EllieBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what level you are, but I usually only use them when I am going into a dungeon and know that its pretty much action from start to beginning. Do as many dungeons as possible. Personally, I only use mine when I go into dsa or vdsa. 2 vial for the entire run and I gained around 400k xps.
    Nirn Traders GM (est 2015)
    PC EU
    Semi-retired. Playing games for fun. Super casual.