Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Armour and Damage - Crafted vs Dropped

Darkius
Darkius
Hello good people.

I remember from early videos/trailers and my lowbie experience that crafted armour and weapons seemed to have a higher armour/damage than dropped sets, assuming level and temper are the same.

Is that true, or more accurately is it still true with V16 Armour and weapons? For example, will I get a higher armour rating with crafted purple Hunding's rage vs purple Shield Breaker? Or are Telvar Stones set different?

I am asking because I don't want to upgrade a piece to purple after using 10x the mats just to find out the armour rating is the same....

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."
Sun Tzu
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    I believe this was leveled earlier. So dropped and crafted are equal in terms of values.
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah recently they have been brought up to match the values of crafted, in terms of base damage/armor rating.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Darkius
    Darkius
    Thank you for the replies gents. I knew I didn't imagine it.

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."
    Sun Tzu