Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are all enemies in imperial city lvl v16 I'm v2 my partners playing as lvl 42 both have all v16

squeakylump
We have both entered cyrodil me in a normal campaign my partner in a non vet campaign but all enemies are veteran 16 is this right if so why don't they warn you before purchasing the city content

Best Answers

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You both need to be in BWB to encounter non vet players.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Answer ✓
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're battle leveled there so you should be ok lol. But i agree, i think non vet campaigns should probably also offer weaker NPCs but with lower level loot
    Answer ✓
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As said make sure you both are in Blackwater Blade, then head into IC, you are both battle levelled as @DannyLV702 said,

You will not see any vet players there at all.

Good luck.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Answer ✓
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BWB is blackwater blade, it's the non vet campaign, but I think he thought you were talking about enemy players.

If you mean the NPCs, you get battle leveled in Cyrodiil and Imperial City, getting bonus health and other stats (drinks, food scale up, etc). Sometimes, with the right builds, this can actually make some characters tougher than a v16, but for the most part, it should allow you to compete.

Under settings you should be able to make sure you have battle leveling turned on, do this before you go to Cyro or IC.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Answer ✓
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't seem to be levelled to us been to the city 3 times each all times the only enemies are in groups of 2-3 all lvl 16 at least we both get killed in seconds don't know what to do as we were really looking foreword to the city
    Thanks for the replies so far

The content is difficult, even for vet players. Especially for a group of two, slightly inexperienced players. I recommend larger groups to wipe mobs faster and prevent gankers to kill you while your health is low
    Answer ✓
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have both entered cyrodil me in a normal campaign my partner in a non vet campaign but all enemies are veteran 16 is this right if so why don't they warn you before purchasing the city content

You get "battle-leveled" in Cyrodiil/Imperial City if you are under Level VR14 so that, regardless of whether you are Level 10 or Level VR12, you essentially have the same stats. So while the monsters are VR16, you and your friend are essentially VR14. Check your character screen stats in Cyrodiil/Imperial City versus normal faction questing areas. You will see your stats, especially health, have been raised by a lot. Also, don't forget that Imperial City is hard content designed for groups. You will usually need a group of 3 or 4 if you are not max level, and that is just for farming trash mobs. The wandering bosses will require a lot more people to take down.

Note that Orsinium and all future DLC will be the same. Monsters will be max level. Lower level players will be "battle-leveled" up to nearly the level of the monsters.

Edit: Here is a good thread about how Battle Leveling works: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/217748/non-vet-pvp-battle-leveling-and-you-a-hopefully-helpful-guide
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on October 16, 2015 9:36PM
    Answer ✓
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that Imperial City is kind of large a huge public dungeon, where it is made for groups of players to be running around. It will be hard to take on some of the actual bosses with groups of less than 4 unless you are really good. Experience will help, most of it can be done solo eventually, but if you are new to it and not yet leveled, then take it slow and use a group.

Also, battle leveling will not make the zone your level, it just gives you bonus health and other things to help you be closer to the level of what you are fighting. So everything you come across will still be v16.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Answer ✓
  • squeakylump
    Don't seem to be levelled to us been to the city 3 times each all times the only enemies are in groups of 2-3 all lvl 16 at least we both get killed in seconds don't know what to do as we were really looking foreword to the city
    Thanks for the replies so far
  • squeakylump
    Sorry I'm kind of a noob what is BWB
  • squeakylump
    Thanks for the replies
    I guess all Npc have v16 above them but they are easier to kill than they should be but I'm still struggling
    I can't enter non vet as I'm v2
    I took several swings at enemies but did barely any damage got killed in 1-2 hits
    I guess perseverance is the key
  • squeakylump
    Awesome answers from everyone thank you all we now clearly understand it