Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Selfishness and Ego. Everywhere!

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
Alright, I might not be the best player on planet, I have physical limitations.

I might have taken the worst choice of my gaming life choosing Sorcerer as my first class something like 3 months ago when I bought the game, thinking it would be decent like in Skyrim, but it's too difficult have to rely on weak light armors while having very expensive spells.

But I'm smart, I read articles, I watched videos, I'm always trying to improve my skills as player as well my in-game skills and gear. This is so true that these days I've been soloing almost everything in Craglorn. Hell... Exarch Arnoth had 820k of health and did it alone. This might not be a hell of an achievement for some, but it was to me.

But there is point where you can't improve anymore because of the rarity and difficulty of getting some items, like Valkyn Skoria Monster Set for increased damage or Engine Guardian's for sustained attack power.

So we have to rely on Champion Points which doesn't matter how hard you play you won't get enough to be a good sorcerer with one character. We are somewhat forced to play over and over again, with multiple characters, spend hundreds of hours, getting through the same boring quests with two, three, four or more characters.

It might sound like whining, I know, I'm terribly ashamed of this, but I'm just being honest. It was not once or twice, but for several times I've been ridiculed in game by other players that are powerful enough (or do not play as a Sorcerer) and do veteran dungeons over and over again just because they can.

I don't remember names but I can quote someone, who joined a team AFTER me, in the last minute for the show in Crypt of Hearts, and when we were about to face some of the mini-bosses he/she said explicitly "You stay back! We'll do this boss 3 man and reduce his AoE"

Of course I was very pissed and answered something like "hell no", because in the end I also need the Gold Keys, the experience and I like to help too, even if I'm not too strong. At this point he answered "alright, than I'll sit back and when you die I'll take your place and finish the boss".

Not surprisingly, I died, afterall nobody helps me anyway, I do every single thing alone. But this is something that shouldn't happen. It's goddammit MMO, it's supposed to be played as a team, one helping each other, but not even Guilds help and even they downplay me because I'm not as strong as they.

Since I started playing I'm trying to get my hands in Valkyn Skoria Helmet. The first time I did this dungeon I faced Valkyn himself. I couldn't beat him for obvious reasons related to this badly balanced class without CPs and the team left. I feel like they say "I won't help this weakling, I don't need this, I already have what I need to be awesome and blah, blah, blah" and again, in the end, I have to work out as best as we can, "living" with crumbs and alms from other players

Plus the fact that ESO is not the most stable game around. For those living on US it might be perfect but here where I live every single day I play with a latency of 200+ that for no real reason jumps quickly to 999+ until the point I'm booted.

And don't try to tell me it's my fault because I tried everything. I forwarded my modem/router ports, I run the game as admin, compatibility mode, adjusted settings and no chance.

The result? A terrible experience that costed me 120 bucks (yeah! that's right, ZOS doesn't consider the exchange rates around the world, it seems) that makes the game unfair, because one millisecond of lag is enough to make me unable to, for example, raise my shields against a boss fight and be ridiculed again by someone who have more than one of this helmet.

What do I have to do? Cheat?
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    l2p
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Levo18
    Levo18
    ✭✭✭✭
    Check the guild section and find a decent guild who are doing dungeons/raids. Find one with nice people and not l33t no lifers who think they are something because they are good in a videogame.

Having fun with nice people is the most important thing to me. Not beat everything with no effort.

About your connection i cant help sorry :disappointed:
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Levo18 wrote: »
    Check the guild section and find a decent guild who are doing dungeons/raids. Find one with nice people and not l33t no lifers who think they are something because they are good in a videogame.

Having fun with nice people is the most important thing to me. Not beat everything with no effort.

About your connection i cant help sorry :disappointed:

This. My first thought reading this was that you need to find a better guild. I genuinely have found that most of the people playing ESO are pretty decent folks that don't get too bent out of shape when you make a mistake or don't have the perfect build, but I also tend to avoid elite players (I know I'm not good enough to run with them lol). I also prefer playing with guildies instead of PUGs. What platform/server are you playing on? I'm guessing console since you only started playing three months ago. Maybe someone here can suggest a good guild.

Another suggestion (for latency issues): I'm not sure what part of the world you play in, but there are a lot of regional guilds (at least on PC) if you look for them. I know Oceania, in particular, has a lot of guilds...If you join one, at least everyone would have the same expectations about server connection/latency.

Good luck!
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't really skip to being an elite player. Find a guild that's supportive and helps newer players, and keep playing. You need experience to learn the mechanics of the game as well as you class's strengths and limitations. Knowing the boss mechanics also helps immeasurably.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sad that you ended up playing with such jerks.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah man sorry you got to play with those [snip]. Find other people, and just get more practice in. Sometimes you need to adjust your build to certain dungeons, just don't forget to shield stack a lot and it should keep you from dying at least so you won't feel like you're dragging the group.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 1, 2018 8:16PM
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the human race. There are some good people out there, though.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Plenty of non elitist players in the game OP that actually know what "team" properly means, do not play with elitists.

They are a cancer in the game IMO.

And never consider cheating, there is no honour in it at all.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't remember names but I can quote someone, who joined a team AFTER me, in the last minute for the show in Crypt of Hearts, and when we were about to face some of the mini-bosses he/she said explicitly "You stay back! We'll do this boss 3 man and reduce his AoE"

Actually this is a popular strategy with this particular boss. When the boss pulls everyone in the middle, you have to roll dodge to where the 2nd red circle isn't. Having four people standing around the boss at 3 o'clock, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock is the proper way, but more often than not, two people will roll in the same direction, thus overlapping the 1st red circle that is around you with the other person's red circle. This of course one-shots both of you, leaving only two players alive. So....having three people around the boss just makes it easier to have all three stay alive.

Now with that said, I prefer to have new players experience the roll dodging, even if they die. The boss doesn't have much health and there are opportunities to rezz someone. But experiencing it is important so they become familiar with it. And then next time, they will know what to do.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Actually this is a popular strategy with this particular boss. When the boss pulls everyone in the middle, you have to roll dodge to where the 2nd red circle isn't. Having four people standing around the boss at 3 o'clock, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock is the proper way, but more often than not, two people will roll in the same direction, thus overlapping the 1st red circle that is around you with the other person's red circle. This of course one-shots both of you, leaving only two players alive. So....having three people around the boss just makes it easier to have all three stay alive.

Now with that said, I prefer to have new players experience the roll dodging, even if they die. The boss doesn't have much health and there are opportunities to rezz someone. But experiencing it is important so they become familiar with it. And then next time, they will know what to do.

lol, the boss is actually dead before he pulls everyone
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for the latency problems, even in the US the game isn't that stable, but it is better vs being located further away from servers. Can't do much to change that I guess.

On the rest, it just sounds like you have had bad luck finding crappy groups to run with. You sound decent enough to clear most of the four man dungeons no problem with a good group and get reward and keys. Hard to give specific build advice without knowing a build though.

As for CP, you can earn a couple of CP a day on average (some days more if you play a lot, some days none if you take a break from the game) you don't have to level new characters BUT just doing dungeons will never get you much CP. They have done a horrible job with dungeon XP in this game. The best way to earn XP/CP right now is to play the new content like IC or upcoming Wrothgar where you are fighting mobs of your level or play pvp. All but one of my characters was already max level when CP launched, so you can definitely earn CP without having to replay the game on alts.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »

lol, the boss is actually dead before he pulls everyone

For your group maybe, but not for newer players. But you know what? This quote and your previous "L2P" quote are so completely unnecessary, you wonder why you would even comment.

• ZOS_Racheal
    ZOS_Racheal
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings everyone,

As this thread has run its course and is no longer contructive, we are going to close it. We always encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are constructively and respectfully stated when doing so, as this will help keep the discussion on track. Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.