Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 - What should I expect from grouping?

randomkeyhits
randomkeyhits
✭✭✭✭✭
New player, trundling along and I get the undaunted spindleclutch 4 man dropped into my quest list. Ignored it at first and kept running around but my level approached the recommended so I tried to queue for it.

Took quite a long time but eventually the group was filled and ......... nothing. From what I can tell the group leader is the only one who can actually select the dungeon which surprised me as I thought I was only queueing for spindleclutch. No one was on headset or making any attempt at communicating. I waited about half an hour for the group to do something but in the end gave up.

Am I missing something or is this a common random queue situation.

PS
I know there are player guilds to join but for now I want to enjoy a really casual game.
EU PS4
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @randomkeyhits Unfortunately, the Group matching function is very poorly designed as you discovered.

The easiest way, outside of knowing other players in a Guild, is using Area Chat in front of the dungeon and asking others or being asked by others to group up.

I've been asked to group up when I'm in a public dungeon or a complicated area for a quest.

Same goes in PvP campaigns. You can stand at a Transitus and you'll eventually hear someone in Area Chat asking if anyone wants to group up.

I've met some really cool players this way and joined good Guilds.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had some good times and I had some bad times as well with the grouping tool (I still do dungeons with the last group I got ;) ). in my experience Spindleclutch (non vet) is not very difficult so you only need 3 players not 4 all you need is one healer and the rest DPS. it sucks how it is used though, it should teleport the group to the area at least 30 seconds after a group is formed.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

I'll make my way over there then and see how it goes and continue to try and persevere with the group finder tool
    EU PS4