Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial/Orsinium DLC Question

Ilsabet
Ilsabet
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have the basic version of ESO and I'm trying to understand what content is available for people who don't buy the DLC packs. From what I've read, if you buy the Imperial pack, you get a horse and some character perks and a few other bonuses. But there's nothing saying you can't access Cyrodiil and the Imperial City if you don't buy the packs, and I see people talking about Cyrodiil/IC all the time as if anybody can go there. So can you do Cyrodiil/IC pvp and quests if you don't buy the DLC?

Similarly, how will it work with the Orsinium DLC once that goes to the main servers? Will those maps and the content therein be accessible to people with the basic game?
Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
Ilsabet's Headcanon
The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
PC NA

Best Answers

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can only access IC if you have bought it with Crowns or are subbed to ESO Plus, same with the upcoming Orsinium DLC.

You can access Cyro at level 10 and have access to the base game patches as always.

Imperial pack is good, as you get a horse that costs 1 gold, I got pre purchase Imperial Edition on PC before game came out, and its a good deal.

Hope that answers your questions.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Answer ✓
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    You are talking about several different things in your post, hopefully this will help to clarify:

Base Game (Elder Scrolls Online:Tamriel Unlimited) -- By purchasing, players have access to all of the current PvE Zones (including Craglorn) and the PvP zone Cyrodiil. Players who purchased this would not have access to the Imperial City (the capital and center area of Cyrodiil) itself or the upcoming PvE zone Orsinium (also called Wrothgar, as Orsinium is technically just a city in Wrothgar).

Imperial Edition -- This is an upgraded version of the base game that allows players to create characters of the imperial race. It also gives you an imperial mount (white horse) and the ability to convert any armor to the imperial style. I think it also comes with a pet. It does not include access to the Imperial City and will not give players access to any future DLC zones.

Imperial City DLC -- Purchasing this DLC grants players access to the Imperial City PvP zone. While all players have access to the surrounding zone of Cyrodiil, only people who purchase the Imperial City DLC (or those who have active ESO Plus memberships)have access to the city itself.

Orsinium DLC -- Purchasing the Orsinium DLC/having an active ESO Plus Subscription will grant a player access to the new PvE Zone. Players who just have the base game (or the upgraded Imperial Edition of the base game) will not have access to this content.

Basically, purchasing the base games gives you what was included when you purchased it...You will (most likely) never get access to a new zone without purchasing a DLC (or having an active ESO plus subscription). Players who have purchased the base game will continue to receive patches that alter game mechanics or add in new systems that are needed for your characters to remain functional (i.e. if they ever added something like the Champion System again), but will not receive truly new content (unless ZOS is feeling very generous). Base game purchasers also receive patches with some of the new motifs.

Edit: Sorry, see you got your answer while I was typing my novel and answering the phone lol
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on October 16, 2015 6:48PM
    Answer ✓
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SHADOW2KK

Okay, so it sounds like Cyrodiil is considered separately from IC in this regard. That is helpful to know. Was hoping some of the Orsinium content would be available too, but I can see where they'd want to keep that a premium thing.

Thanks for the explanation.
    Edited by Ilsabet on October 16, 2015 6:58PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You are welcome:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Allyhoo811

Thanks, that novel cleared up a lot of my confusion. I didn't realize the Imperial Edition and Imperial City DLC were two different things. :D
    Edited by Ilsabet on October 16, 2015 6:58PM
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    @Allyhoo811

Thanks, that novel cleared up a lot of my confusion. I didn't realize the Imperial Edition and Imperial City DLC were two different things. :D

No problem, the names are very similar -- so your confusion makes total sense :)