Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Low-trait craftable sets: Stam vs Mag

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm currently trying to work up my traits in medium armour to 6 for Hunding's. I mean, as far as low budget craftable sets go for stam users, you really can't beat it. It does make me rather envious of Magicka users. With a measly 3 traits you get access to Seducers set which gives you a nice 8% cost reduction on all magicka spells, and 4 traits gives you Magnus - an 8% chance to negate the cost of a spell completely.
Hell, use a 3-4 pc and 5 pc of these sets and you've got a really nice setup from the word go. Unfortunately nothing really stood out for me as a stamina user.
I generally just go a bit of Night Silence and a bit of Ashen grip. It's not bad, but the benefits you get from Seducer and Magnus are far better. Ashen 5pc is fun, but not very useful at all. It does about 150-200 fire damage.. that's with a 10% chance - seriously lackluster.
I don't think we need any new sets, but considering the 4pc of Ashen is nice and 5th pc lacking greatly, you could increase the fire damage by a higher number, or change that attribute altogether to something better and raise it to 3-4 traits required. We'd be a bit more on-par with magicka sets then and have more options if you're not a 6+ trait crafter.
Not looking for anything OP, just something better than burning someone with a candle.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, Hunding's is way more awesome than Night's or Ashen which is why I feel the 6 traits is ok.
    And Seducer's is really more a regen set than a damage set as I see it (which is good for levelling), just like the two lowbie stamina ones. Magnus' does have damage which might make it slightly stronger than the stamina counterparts, but Hunding's is much stronger in my opinion.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Well, Hunding's is way more awesome than Night's or Ashen which is why I feel the 6 traits is ok.
    Oh for sure, and I totally agree. Would just be nice to have some kind of middle ground for lower traits, or to change up the fire breath on Ashen and increase it to 3 or 4 pc. It could be a really nice set to use before Hunding's if the 5pc was slightly more useful.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torugs Pact and Night's Silence are nice sets needing only 2 or 3 traits to mix in with Ashen Grip.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Torugs Pact and Night's Silence are nice sets needing only 2 or 3 traits to mix in with Ashen Grip.
    NS is good, but I'm not really interested in the spell damage from Torug's. Also, Ashen's Grip 5pc is still really bad, which is the main issue.
    Edited by Alucardo on October 17, 2015 2:16AM