The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Frostfall Breast Cancer Awareness Month in Tamriel!

Cously
Cously
✭✭✭✭✭
The Westwind Claws is a roleplay werewolf-themed guild who supports the Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The purpose of this post is bring to light this most important matter. We changed the colors of our tabard for this month and got people asking why. We believe that medical research is a worthy cause and deserves any funds it can muster. Also, a lot of the campaign is based in women taking the necessary measures to identify and prevent this disease. Men should be aware as well since we have a small chance of getting it.

Even more important is to make people aware that there are so many diseases out there that you can avoid just by few self examinations and regular check ups. We have taken on this particular cause following the current trend, as we have many female members. However, all kinds of cancer needs our attention. In general it is an horrible disease that puts one body's to a long and painful ordeal even with its treatment. The good news is that most types of cancer can be prevented or cured if they are identified in time.

We taking the time to share and hopefully spread the information with our fellow gamers, so they can help make other people aware. Our tabards and armor go pink, which in fact is not a bad color! Most of fund raising campaigns go with a month and a color of each disease. We are using Dibella's Blush. We also see a lot of people taking the pink in order to help the trend in game, we are very happy to be part of this community.

From the The National Breast Cancer Foundation:

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same. We have made a lot of progress but still have a long way to go and need your help!

The National Breast Cancer Foundation was founded in 1991 by breast cancer survivor, Janelle Hail. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1980 at the age of 34. At the time of her diagnosis, there was little information about the disease, and she was forced to make a decision about her health with few options. After her treatment, Janelle made a commitment to help women around the world by educating them about breast cancer and the importance of early detection.

You can read more about it at http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/ and if you wish to help the cause, please donate.

aeumhl.png
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome guys. I hope they leave this up.
    My wife lost her second battle with it in 2006.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Awesome guys. I hope they leave this up.
    My wife lost her second battle with it in 2006.

I am sorry to hear that. I also lost my father to an other type of cancer. Hopefully this tiny initiative can help save someone.
  • DovahDuck
    DovahDuck
    Yeah I hope the admins let this stay up, was a fun photo shoot and a worthy cause.- (LordConvarius)
  • Sethro_27
    Sethro_27
    ✭✭
    Not a single lizard that day.
    I *** slap harder than you punch.