Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions about cyrodil

N0TPLAYER2
N0TPLAYER2
✭✭✭✭✭
I could use some help when it comes to cyrodil.

I am vet 10. I have played only pve. I've completed all 3 worlds, all delves and bosses are beat. I would like to play cyrodil missions and delves, but have a question. How do I go about accessing this? I've only entered and done the tutorial mission, got the speed boost and left. I don't wish to pvp, but understand it can happen in cyrodil.

If I am looking to do all delves, dark anchors, and missions. I see that these are split up into different faction spaces. Do I have to enter their spaces to complete those delves?

If so, should I pick a campaign that is dead? That way I see less people? Should I pick one that's doninated by my side to have less of a chance to run into enemies?

Also, the campaigns themselves, are those considered different missions as well, with achievements tied to them?

How does imperial city tie in? I've had it since day one but only now am ready to enter. I am thinking cyrodil first as it levels me to 14, then IC after. Right? I planned cyrodil, crag lorn, then ic, then the new dlc after that.

Any advice, suggestions tips or whatever is appreciated. I've been intimidated by these areas since the start and have completed the rest, now would like to do the same in these areas.

Thanks for any and all advice!!

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes you need to venture into enemy territory. Also take into account the enemy may be controlling area's belonging to your alliance. Pvp could be unaviodable as this is a alliance war zone. Players are going to kill you whether you're there for pvp or collecting shards, clearing delves, doing dailes.
    Picking a campaign that is dead or your alliance controls are probably the best options.

The imperial city is a pve zone with pvp. Three access points on the map, basically one in each alliance territory. Tread carefaully as opposing players have no hesitation ganking players at the Cyrodiil sewer entrances or along the way.
    You can go into the sewers at vr10. No need to take time leveling up to vr14. As far as I know, IC does not tie in with the alliance war.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just go have fun with it man, go wherever you want!

My guess is, the first time you get jumped and accidentally turn the tables on them and kill them.. you'll be hooked
    N64 NA EP
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I was looking for some sort of structur, how to go about it. And a few of the questions I still have, like is each campaign a different story line? Also, should I enter a zone controlled by my side to avoid others (as much as possible?)

Thanks for the help! I have a feeling I'll have fun with pvp too, I'm just looking to complete all the quests and objectives.

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Thanks. I was looking for some sort of structur, how to go about it. And a few of the questions I still have, like is each campaign a different story line? Also, should I enter a zone controlled by my side to avoid others (as much as possible?)

Thanks for the help! I have a feeling I'll have fun with pvp too, I'm just looking to complete all the quests and objectives.

No, each campaign does not have a different story line. All versions of Cyrodiil (and IC) are identical copies of each other with the same quests, delves, etc.

The different campaigns were originally only there to divide up the population in order to improve performance (much the same way there are different instances of the PvE zones). The IC patch made it so different campaigns have different rule sets about how players earn points in the alliance war, but the PvE portions are still exactly the same.

Entering a campaign that is dominated by your faction will help to limit the PvP you must engage in (and help ensure that you have backup if you do run into enemy players), but it won't eliminate running into enemy players.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    I could use some help when it comes to cyrodil.

I am vet 10. I have played only pve. I've completed all 3 worlds, all delves and bosses are beat. I would like to play cyrodil missions and delves, but have a question. How do I go about accessing this? I've only entered and done the tutorial mission, got the speed boost and left. I don't wish to pvp, but understand it can happen in cyrodil.

If I am looking to do all delves, dark anchors, and missions. I see that these are split up into different faction spaces. Do I have to enter their spaces to complete those delves?

If so, should I pick a campaign that is dead? That way I see less people? Should I pick one that's doninated by my side to have less of a chance to run into enemies?

Also, the campaigns themselves, are those considered different missions as well, with achievements tied to them?

How does imperial city tie in? I've had it since day one but only now am ready to enter. I am thinking cyrodil first as it levels me to 14, then IC after. Right? I planned cyrodil, crag lorn, then ic, then the new dlc after that.

Any advice, suggestions tips or whatever is appreciated. I've been intimidated by these areas since the start and have completed the rest, now would like to do the same in these areas.

Thanks for any and all advice!!

Unless you are some gift from god, you will have a huge problem doing dark anchors. I PvP everyday, and I very seldom see anyone ever take on dark anchors. ( at least in Non Vet zones )

If you are interested in a playmate that knows her way around Cyrodiil I would be interested in joining you ( PC/NA ) in your quest. Some day I would like to get all the skyshards and do the dungeons but I am too weak of a player (V5 ) to do it alone.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmIly, thanks for the info.

I am currently Xbox one.

But to encourage you, I have cleared every dark anchor solo since vet 1. It's rare I see anyone approach these in the silver or gold world. It's rare I have an issue.

I use heavy armor and werewolf, maybe that's why I am ok.

Give it a try and report back how it goes. I already beat one dark anchor solo in cyrodil. It can be done!

Thanks for all the info everyone!