Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writs and MAT level

sazodeha
sazodeha
✭✭
So I jumped on this bandwagon late. My level is 30 and my crafting level is 23ish . So my problem is I have a TON of the lower level MATs and much less of the higher level MATs. It would be nice to be able to get the lower level writs so I have something to do with all this low level ore/wood/cloth. But all the writs call for the expensive stuff! The reward not worth the value of the MATs!! Is there a way to adjust the level of the writ so I can work some of the lower level MATs?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Fraid you get writs for your current top tier (or one below if what I read was correct), you can't control it.
    Edited by KerinKor on October 15, 2015 11:13AM
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    The level of the writ depends on the level of the first passive in each crafting skill.

So if you are at level 1 in, say, blacksmithing, writs will ask you to craft iron stuff, if you are at level 2 steel stuff and so on. Same for other crafting skills. So the only way I see to adjust the level is to respec, and spend less points in these skills.

But if I were you I would just sell the lower level materials in some guild store, and go on with the higher level writs.

When I say "level 1" in blacksmithing, I mean the level of the first passive, not the overall level of the skill line.
    Edited by d8rmir on October 15, 2015 11:16AM
  • whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭
    Best bet is to only put skill points in the passive line of each crafting writ, as you level. So, the stuff you can craft is around the same level as your character, which means the nodes in your area use the same material for the wrist. NAW MEAN?
  • Tectonaut
    Tectonaut
    ✭✭✭
    Yep confirmed, it depends on the first passive on each crafting line. It's stupid yes, but it's how it is. I have all crafting skill lines at 50 and it's annoying that I must refrain from upgrading all passives right now, but as it stands I'm VR 11 so must leave the first passives in each crafting skill line at 1 less than max, for writs sake. If you need to reference what material level is best for you right now, go to any craft station and check in the creation list what material is best for the different tiers.
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Since IC dropped and added a new top tier material with the subsequent addition of 1 additional skill point to the top passive.

Crafting writs hold at the 9/10 material even after spending 10/10 skill points.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • EddieHavok
    I'm considering respecing just to down grade my passive 2 levels so I can get writs again.
    Edited by EddieHavok on October 16, 2015 5:18PM
    LFG/PS4/NA/EP/SorcV4