The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Awesome RP and Game Improvement Idea

Wizard_7
Wizard_7
I feel that the Elder Scrolls series is hands down one of the best games out there. However, I do think some improvements can be made. Here are my ideas (Please support so we can get this incorporated into a game asap). I think we should be able to:

Conduct magical and alchemical research. We should be able to study and learn alchemy and magic and grow and become masters of the subjects. It would be awesome to shadow someone or be a student of someone like Telenger the Artificer or Zur (Alchemist in Coldharbour). We could conduct research with them, learn from them, study with them, do labs with them, live with them, write papers and dissertations with them, even earn awards for alchemical or magical excellence with them! And after we have grown and mastered enough under them, maybe we could even get a student of our own to shadow us! (NPC/People/Both) We could also have a college kind of like the college of winterhold in skyrim but more of an immersive experience. We should be able to sleep there(optional), attend classes and lectures do some hands-on alchemy labs or magical research, read, study, do field research, projects, create potions, practice magic and portal opening, etc. I know I would love to learn how to make a transmutation potion and to test it out on someone other than myself, cast magical projections, learn the 3rd principle of residual magicka and other magic rules and principles and theories. I would love to have my very own Alchemy laboratory or Magical library and conduct research and take notes, translate tomes, and I would also love to be a student of the Mages guild and do research for them and increase my rank/role in the guild) Maybe after we master one or more of the subjects we can even be a professor and have students and teach! (NPC/people/Both)

Be a sailor, live on a ship, engage in sea battles, have a crew (NPC/People/Both)

Be in a werewolf pack/vampire group and hunt together (NPC/people/both)

Be a werewolf/vampire hunter and hunt together and travel together (NPC/People/both)

Be more free in how you converse with NPCs (maybe even make it so we can type in/say our response.)

Army barracks, be fully immersed in the experience (even possibly lead an army as a general)

Become a quest giver after level cap and assign quests to other users/NPC/both

Become Thane/King/Queen of an area and rule over that area (NPC/People/Both in area)

My point is that there is so many things we can do, even though I love questing, and I really hope people support my ideas and hope to get this incorporated one day!
  • Uneed2Stop
    Uneed2Stop
    ✭✭✭
    These are some big dreams man. I feel that some wont happen like typing in responses and some of the research and taking notes stuff but honestly that all sounds awesome.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of what you desire/are asking for, is meant to be done by the community (guilds)

Thing is MMOs have a tendancy to make guilds look really bad. For any decent guild you'll have 5 that take themselves way too serious, 25 that are just trying to make money, 50 that don't care about anything and are basically existing just for the [insert random] bonus, another 50 that are basically abandonned/inactive, 100 that just spam the chat etc....

But if you find a decent guild, then whoever's very knowledgable of alchemy /etc... would be your mentor for that, and so on. Then again, blame the internet and it's 203914835 wikis for killing human interaction in multiplayer rpgs. Because why would you ask anyone when the answer is 3 clicks away? (And why would anyone answer you when you're too lazy to click 3 times)

But yeah, everything your asking for is amazing, and possible if you play with a fun, immersive, group - best of luck
  • Diozaels
    Diozaels
    ✭✭
    You can accomplish a lot of those ideas with a proper role playing guild in my opinion. Some of them could not be implemented in the game without breaking the MMO aspect of the game.
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would be a good thing to implement even more engine-based RPG features, because very often (in my short experience) they tend to get in the way of interactive RP.
    A good example would be the locked houses that we could use for RPing before the justice system was implemented. Now you can pretend to be a robber and break into people's houses and be surrounded by angry NPCs ... while a lot of opportunities for social RP were destroyed.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine with it as long as you don't lock upgrades or more powerful stuff behind the RP elements because people will lose their marbles.

Also, hell if I'm going to spend more time writing essays and articles and papers about stuff in a video game where I go to relax.