Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Alchemy

Boonky
Boonky
Soul Shriven
I'm a level 50 alchemist and I made a potion that was very strong for a friend. When I try to recreate it I can't. Idk what happened. Is this like a special thing that happens sometimes, like a bonus?
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without more information, I believe what is happened was that you used 3 reagents with the overlapping traits.

When you add two reagents with one or more of the same traits, the trait(s) effects will be bestowed on the consumer of the potion.

When you add a third reagent with the same trait as two others, it makes the duration of the effect last longer.

For example, Columbine (Health, Stamina, Magicka) + Bugloss (Spell Resist, Lower Spell Power, Health, Magicka) + Mountain Flower (Armor, Lower Weapon Power, Health, Stamina) will produce a Tri-Pot with the Restore Health (3 Health Traits) having the largest value and the longest duration.

Also, certain passives in the Alchemy tree line (Medicinal use) and champion point (Nourishing -- The Lord) perks can magnify the effect of potions or minimize the negative effects of a reagent (Snakeblood).
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on October 15, 2015 9:02AM
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Boonky
    Boonky
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry didn't put enough info. The potion was just a simple health/stamina. I've maxed out the skills for alchemy. The reason I'm confused is the health and stamina amounts are different. The good one was for like 6900 and the one I can make now is for 6400. I have tried every combination there is, but it won't go back to that amount.
  • AngharadEld
    Did you double check to make sure you were using the same solvent? Only other thing I can think of.
  • Erdmanski
    Erdmanski
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it is what BowD stated.

If you use 3 ingredients that Restore Health, it will return a larger amount then just using 2 ingredients with that trait.

Try Columbine, Mountain Flower and Water Hyacinth, that's probably what you used.