The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Can you re-start 'Reporting for Duty'

SirMorg
SirMorg
When I hit level 10 I went through to Cyrodiil to have a look and started the quests to teach you how to play. I started the 'Reporting for Duty' quest but at the temple the scroll was gone and the quest seemed to have glitches and couldn't continue and gave no direction what to do next. I went back to playing the main quest in Daggerfall and didn't re-try PvP. I deleted the quest from my journal as it was annoying me being on my open quest list.

I have now decided to get into PvP but can't find where to re-start this quests which I gather opens other quests in Cyrodiil. As such I just run around not quite knowing what to do.

Is there a way to re-start this quest or jump onto the next ones? If so where do I need to travel to?

Many thanks in advance
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to reset it AFAIK. Did you check with Protector Yseline at Alma Ruma? Or Aurorelle Varin.at South High Rock? One of them could trigger the quest again
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • SirMorg
    SirMorg
    Cadbury wrote: »
    You should be able to reset it AFAIK. Did you check with Protector Yseline at Alma Ruma? Or Aurorelle Varin.at South High Rock? One of them could trigger the quest again

Thanks I will have a try of that tonight. I did talk to some people who told me to get orders elsewhere but can't recall the names.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first time I did the quest, I made a mistake and told that one general I didn't need training. Luckily. I was able to back out and just abandon the quest. I was able to talk to the person you meet when you first enter Cyrodil (can't recall his name. He wears mage robes and is in front of the stairs) and start the quest again. Hope this helps.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reporting for Duty is started by Aurorelle Varin, at the siege range near the Southern High Rock Gate. The only quests this one may be related to are the Mission Board quests; if you can already take missions from the Bounty, Scouting, Battle and Warfront boards at Southern High Rock Gate, then Reporting for Duty isn't really necessary, and you'll only be missing out on 750 AP and a bit of gold.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • SirMorg
    SirMorg
    Cadbury wrote: »
    The first time I did the quest, I made a mistake and told that one general I didn't need training. Luckily. I was able to back out and just abandon the quest. I was able to talk to the person you meet when you first enter Cyrodil (can't recall his name. He wears mage robes and is in front of the stairs) and start the quest again. Hope this helps.
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Reporting for Duty is started by Aurorelle Varin, at the siege range near the Southern High Rock Gate. The only quests this one may be related to are the Mission Board quests; if you can already take missions from the Bounty, Scouting, Battle and Warfront boards at Southern High Rock Gate, then Reporting for Duty isn't really necessary, and you'll only be missing out on 750 AP and a bit of gold.

Sorted thanks to you both
    Options