Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can my lvl 30 enchanter turn in writs in Hollow City, Coldharbour?

k2blader
k2blader
✭✭✭✭✭
My enchanter is level 30 but her enchanting skill line is 40, so she can complete higher level writs. However, I'm unsure where the writ turn in location is for the highest level writ she can do. According to one thread I browsed, there is a turn in station in Hollow City, Coldharbour which she does have access to via the wayshrine. Can anyone confirm there's an enchanting writ turn in station in Hollow City and a nonvet level character can turn in writs there without needing to meet quest chain requirements?

Thanks for any info!
Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, you sure can. 3 of my characters started handing in provisioning writs there around lvl 10.

The Mages Guild Locus (turn in location) is to the right of the Hollow City wayshrine, just across the bridge & next to the stables.
    Both consumable & equipment writ boards are in the city but like the stores & bank, these will be unavailable until later in the story so you will still have to pull writs from the boards in your alliance area.

To gain access to the Mages Guild Locus you need to do a tour of the city with The Groundskeeper. The Groundskeeper will be waiting for you at the southern entrance to Hollow City.

The tour has slightly different visuals if you reached that point via story progression compared to if you just traveled to someone there early though.

Once the tour is completed, you have access to the Mages Guild Locus.

I think you can skip the tour if you have previously done it but the skip/reply option is not a way I would speak to The Groundskeeper so I dont skip :blush:
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour is the last writ location you have access to on a low level character.

The next step up is in Craglorn and that requires VR1 or better and the completion of the main quest. So make sure you don't add any more skill points in your craft until you're ready to go there.
    :smile:
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ja50nX
    @SirAndy

Thank you both very much! :-)
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Coldharbour is the last writ location you have access to on a low level character.

The next step up is in Craglorn and that requires VR1 or better and the completion of the main quest. So make sure you don't add any more skill points in your craft until you're ready to go there.
    :smile:

You cant actually 'over level' for writs with the passives but the one problem I would see with enchanting is that the hireling may bring you more Kura potency runes instead of say Rekuta (depending on level of course).
    EDIT - I mentioned the Kura rune because that will not be required for writs until Craglorn.

My lvl 11 Templar has had skill points in all of the level & quality passives for provisioning (lvl 50) since she was lvl 8. If I hadnt of traveled to CH early she would still be handing them in at The Rift.

@k2blader No worries.
    Edited by Ja50nX on October 14, 2015 1:10AM
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact