Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Some suggested changes for current crafted item sets.

Fizzlewizzle
Fizzlewizzle
✭✭✭✭
With this topic i wish to discuss certain item sets, as well as proposed chances for said sets, with the eye on current and future updates.

Kagrenac's Hope set: 8 Traits.
5pcs - Grants spell damage, decrease the time to resurrect an ally by 25% and restore X magicka when you successfully resurrect and ally.
Change this to:
5pcs - Increase healing done by X% (10%), decrease the time to resurrect an ally by 25% and restore X magicka when you successfully resurrect and ally.

Currently the Kagrenac's Hope set is the best choice for Magic focused classes, because of its spell damage bonus. With the upcoming DLC players will be able to craft the new "Law of Julianos" set, a set equal to the Hunting's Rage (stamina) set, but as a Magicka version.
The Kagrenac's Hope set could be reverted to its old "resurrection" bonus, and if anything more would be wanted, a small healing done bonus could also be applied. (So it appeals to healers... or people who can't seem to heal enough.)

Shalidor's Curse set: 8 Traits.
5pcs - While you are below 50% HP, Light attacks restore X health.
Change this to:
5pcs - While you are below 50% HP, Light attacks restore X% health.

The current set seems to give a set amount of health back when doing Light attacks below 50% max Health. Depending on the HP values of the player this can even mean that the user gets less than 1% of their total HP back when they use a Light attack (Taking from my own account: VR14 gear gives back 474 health while i can reach 52K HP with said set). By changing it from a set number to a percentage based effect people with bigger health pools would have an actual use for the set.

Oblivion's Foe set: 8 Traits.
5pcs - Increase damage of your soul trap abilities by 100%.
Change this to:
5pcs - Increase damage of your soul magic abilities by 100%.

Although the old Oblivion's foe wasn't that useful, the new one doesn't really shine either. Having a 100% damage increase on a low damage DoT skill is hardly something to write home about. By changing it from Soul TRAP to Soul MAGIC it would increase the damage of ALL soul magic skills.
This would include Soul Shatter (Passive) and Soul Strike (Ultimate).
Although a damage boost to the Ultimate may be a bit sensitive, it is a single target skill + channel, which (i think) would keep the OP-ness a bit in check.
Increasing the cost of the skill a bit could help balance it, although a 50% increase in cost should be the max.
Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • gen_reynard2050
    gen_reynard2050
    ✭✭✭
    hunding rage, 5 pcs
    - increase X weapon damage, chg to -increase X w.dmg and crit hit give X% crit.dmg. :#
    "What the lion cannot manage to do, the fox can".
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could we stop messing with things that aren't broken, please?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Could we stop messing with things that aren't broken, please?
    If we could also stop breaking *** to begin with.

Kagrenac's Hope:
    Gains Spell damage bonus
    \/
    Half the community (basically every mage) starts running with this set
    \/
    Everyone gets resurrected left and right in very short time
    \/
    PTS Patch Notes v2.2.1: You can no longer resurrect an ally while you are hidden or invisible.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Shalidor's Curse:
    You went from a 6.5K+ health at 30% health to a 474 heal at 50% health, but only if you light attack the target.
    Even though the old set had a small cooldown, it was way more useful. Even Health regen is more potent than the Shalidor's Curse set (I know that for sure. I get killed by a single Duneripper while using the Shalidor's Curse set while i can take down an Anomaly boss (with adds) without heals using nothing but health regen + Blazing shield and Balance (Equilibrium, so i can't really use heals since this skill stops the healing i receive)).

Oblivion's Foe:
    Change 1 crappy effect for another one.
    Like anyone actually uses Soul trap for its damage.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.