Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Certified Professions

Paymon
Paymon
So last night I was playing and came across the sign for becoming certified for the different professions. I made the mistake of responding something about I'll speak to other guy thinking it would just let me explore my options before choosing. But I quickly found out that it locked me out of being able to choose the lady offering the certification for woodworking, blacksmithing, and clothier (which is what I really wanted to do). Is there anyway of getting this option back? Can you certify for all 6 profession or are you limited to 3 and once you choose (by mistake or not) are you locked into that choice permanently.

Thanks!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying the Equipment Certifier is not there, or does not have the dialog option to give you certification? Have you tried dropping the Certification quests you have?

There was a bug back at the release of Writs that caused this issue. I think the work around is to start the certification for one of the consumables. But, before you do that, explore all the dialog choices with Consumable writ giver. I have never had an issue starting with one or the other certifier.

BTW, the Consumables Writs are the ones that have a positive overall outcome. The Equipment Writs cause you to put in more matierals than you get out.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Paymon
    Paymon
    How do you drop the quest? I didn't know you could.. would that open up all 6 of them again?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open your Quest Log, in the Crafting Section you should find the Certification quests. You can drop it there. Not sure what button you press on the consoles for that, but it should tell you in a tool tip.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alexa.Darkstar
    You can get certified in all 6 Crafting professions so don't worry if you chose Consumables before Equipment. You'll be able to do them all anyway.

I chose Consumables first at the Mages Guild (I believe). I finished all 3 cerfitications and then went back to the Fighter's Guild and go certified in the other three. You aren't locked in your first choice, it's just a matter of which you do first. Doesn't matter.

The Certification quests unlock the Writ boards. I suggest you get all 6 so you can do Writs later on. Writs are available once a day and as a reward you will get Inspiration Points which will go towards the corresponding Crafting Skill Tree. Writs are especially useful for crafts that are harder to level, like Enchanting.

Hope that helped.
    Glarawen | Bosmer | Archer/Healer | Werewolf | Aldmeri Dominion | VR3
    "There is something magical about losing yourself in a world that doesn't exist"