Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rededicating skill points while researching traits

Fat-Larry-Makes-All
I just got 50 in sword & shield so, among a host of other reasons, I'd like to rededicate my skill-points. However, I'm researching 8 traits in total atm and I'm wondering what happens if you remove the trait research passives. Will all 3 traits you're currently researching be cancelled or will one of them keep going on a un-upgraded timer?
Edited by Fat-Larry-Makes-All on October 13, 2015 3:19AM
Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Ja50nX
    Ja50nX
    ✭✭✭
    They all keep researching but I am not sure if the timer is affected.

I switched to an alt for the hireling mail when IC dropped & forgot about the skill points. When I remembered the next day I checked & all research was still active.
    PS4 EU
    Ebonheart Pact

• Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Ja50nX wrote: »

I switched to an alt for the hireling mail when IC dropped & forgot about the skill points. When I remembered the next day I checked & all research was still active.

Really? All three keep going even though you don't have the passives for it..? That seems awefully generous of ZOS.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really? All three keep going even though you don't have the passives for it..? That seems awefully generous of ZOS.

You can research 3 items at the same time with the passives. After that you need to wait for the cooldown, this can be reduced by taking the passives.

Simply said, items are instantly researched but you need to wait for the cooldown to unlock the trait.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All

You can research 3 items at the same time with the passives. After that you need to wait for the cooldown, this can be reduced by taking the passives.

Simply said, items are instantly researched but you need to wait for the cooldown to unlock the trait.

Oh that's great, thanks. Finding 8 new items with traits I haven't researched yet would've been a royal pain in my uppertail region. The timer being upgraded or not doesn't bother me that much, I'll let you know what it does after rededicating when I get around to it.

Edit Yeay all 3 trait keep going, but on a un-upgraded timer. Interestingly, after spending skillpoints on the correct passives, research timers across the board were about 5% shorter, though repeating the process didn't reduce the timers further.
    Edited by Fat-Larry-Makes-All on October 13, 2015 6:45PM
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The items slotted for research stay in place, but you wont' be able to add another one until all slots are cleared, assuming you put no research points back in. I also remember the research timer discount is no longer applied, so it will take longer to clear all 3 of the slots. This is huge if your chasing the last two or three traits.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"