Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

how to remove bounty without paying?

Van_0S
Van_0S
✭✭✭✭✭
I tried to loging off for sometime and do some PvP, after all this there is no change to my bounty(20,000). Damn, I can't do questing at all.
  • Bloodgharm
    Bloodgharm
    ✭✭✭
    It should go down rather quickly if you've gotten it up that high. Idk if the bounty reduction mechanic is disabled in cyrodiil, but as long as you wait, it should go down on its own. If not, you have a bug on your hands.
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't

Only way to do that is avoid guards and towns or logout until the bounty wears off from that character.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to loging off for sometime and do some PvP, after all this there is no change to my bounty(20,000). Damn, I can't do questing at all.

P.S. 20,000 bounty will take a very very very long time to wear off
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Normally parking your "bad" character in PvP/IC or Coldharbour sorts your bounty, as it decays over time.

For a bounty your size, a few hours should sort it.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you level up quickly with a bounty it can also go up...

Did you ever want to try a new class out? Now would be the time lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NobleNerd wrote: »

P.S. 20,000 bounty will take a very very very long time to wear off

I had my bounty as high as 2.4 million. I've got that toon parked in Cyrodiil, it's down to 1.7 million after 'a couple of months.' I do actively play that toon, just not that many places I can take it as a wanted man (well, a wanted kitty).

So it'll go down, even in Cyrodiil, but I would expect it to take a bit of time to come down from 20,000.
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh so you thought you could murder someone, steal a few things and then join the war effort in Cyrodiil and return later as a war hero and everything would be ok?

Tsk, tsk.
    Babu-Finger-Wag1-1.gif

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time STEAL more than KILL. At least then you could afford to pay the bounty!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the fast response. Damn :( , I will use that toon for PvP and play a new toon with a different class for questing. ;)
  • Reznique
    Reznique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Log out.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly 20K isn't that much gold. It's a high bounty, so it will take a long time to deteriorate on its own, but it's not that much gold in the grand scheme of things, so I'd suggest you just pay it off.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not much, @UrQuan ?

Argh you richie .... if I ever had a bounty that high I'd ask you for a loan.

Although, the highest I've ever had was about 38. I usually surrender to a guard at 22.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Not much, @UrQuan ?

Argh you richie .... if I ever had a bounty that high I'd ask you for a loan.

Although, the highest I've ever had was about 38. I usually surrender to a guard at 22.
    Well, at vet levels you should be making 10K+ per hour of PVE questing, unless you're deconstructing all the gear that you get from drops. At lower levels you can make 10K+ in an hour or so of careful* thievery. So really, a few hours of playing should be enough to pay this bounty off if you're willing to work at it. And by "you" I don't mean you I mean OP :)

*this means don't let witnesses see you to add to your bounty, and definitely don't get caught by a guard!
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    join a guild with a trader and sell malachite shards I still can't believe they go for as much as joker says they do, they aren't that hard to find!
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Well, at vet levels you should be making 10K+ per hour of PVE questing, unless you're deconstructing all the gear that you get from drops.

Well .... yes I deconstruct pretty much all of what I get.

And if by questing you mean covertly looting for hours at a time... I would go nuts. that's too much of a grind for me.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Well, at vet levels you should be making 10K+ per hour of PVE questing, unless you're deconstructing all the gear that you get from drops.

Well .... yes I deconstruct pretty much all of what I get.

And if by questing you mean covertly looting for hours at a time... I would go nuts. that's too much of a grind for me.
    Ha ha, no, I mean going around, doing quests and killing and looting the mobs who you encounter along the way >:)

But yeah, if you're deconstructing everything, even at vet levels it can take a long time to make money unless you play the economy game (which I don't - it seems too much like work to me, especially since IRL I work for a financial institute). Actually, lately I've been making way less gold than usual because I decided to start leveling crafting on my alts instead of just my crafters, so now I'm back to deconstructing everything and just barely making a profit after repair costs.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)