Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Enchanting questions: Are enchanting hirelings worth it?

Psych32
Psych32
I dont find runestone that often in certain zone so I wanted to now if investing in the enchanting hireling skill tree was worth it? Also is the level of the runestone that you find dependent on your enchanting level or the zone your mining them from?
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    Your rewards are based on your aspect proficiency, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten some kutas out of my 3/3 hireling. I wouldn't really recommend it for the materials unless you have an abundance of skill points. On the other hand, making blue/green glyphs may be the fastest way to level enchanting, and this will help you do that, a little.
    [PS4 NA]
    PSN: HebrewHatchet
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the (blue) runes depend on area level. As you advance through zones you get better blue runes.
    Yellow ones are random and red too.

The new IC runes are an exception. You can get them at the Tel Var trader, from Molag Bal (prism rune)
    and rarely from those special scamps. Afaik you won't find them in rune nodes.

The hireling is very good. He sends you glyphs to decon, surveys to get a lot of runes and, what
    makes him very valuable, every now and then purple (Rekuta) and yellow runes (Kuta). So yes, he's worth it.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Alexa.Darkstar
    Enchanting is the slowest craft to level, I think, because you need a very specific combination of materials to be able to make anything. I'm sure you've noticed that you'll always have a shortage of at least one type of Rune so you'll probably only be able to craft a few glyphs at a time. For this reason, the enchanting Hireling is the most important our of all of them (except provisioning because it's one of the only ways to get purple ingredients). He will send you 2-3 runes daily and the Aspect runes will usually be blue (Denata), purple (Rekuta) or yellow (Kuta) which you will come to really appreciate.

To answer your other question, Potency (glowing blue) runes are zone-based since those determine what level of Armour/Weapon/Jewelry you can apply the glyphs to. Essence (glowing green) and Aspect (glowing orange), however, are random finds, since they aren't level based and only determine what the glyph will do and the "power" of the Glyph. I hope that made sense.

If you're spending skill points towards Enchanting, don't get ahead of yourself with the Potency Improvement, make sure you upgrade that based on your own level and the zone level you are in (otherwise Writs are impossible), otherwise, I suggest:
    4/4 Aspect Improvement (so you can use Denata, Rekuta and Kuta)
    1/3 for Keen Eye (you really only need one there)
    3/3 for Hireling (very helpful)
    3/3 Aspect Extraction (this will be useful when you are extracting Glyphs. Make sure you extract all glyphs you get from enemy drops)

Definitely do Enchanting Writs, they are usually pretty easy to complete and you get "Inspiration points" which will go towards the skill tree level.

One of my character's crafting focus in Enchanting so if you have any more questions about how to level that let me know.
    Glarawen | Bosmer | Archer/Healer | Werewolf | Aldmeri Dominion | VR3
    "There is something magical about losing yourself in a world that doesn't exist"
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they are absolutely worth it. Once at max level, they pretty much sustain themselves and they take about 30 seconds to complete. You will get enough mats to make what you need each day from surveys and hirelings. Also, they are really the only reliable way to get Kuta, which you will need in abundance at end-game.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is worth it over time the free delivery of 1 Aspect rune every day or two, is well worth a few skill points. If you play multiple characters, you can have a master enchanter and the other characters will not have to put any points in to enchanting.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum