Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need Help on Templar Build!

Glenn_Castro
Glenn_Castro
Soul Shriven
Hi! I'm currently new to elder scrolls online and I need help on building stats for templar. currently i want to be a healer
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Help with stats, like attributes? While leveling up you might want to do a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio of magicka:health -- end game content you'll probably want almost all points into magicka. Only other things you need is spell damage, magicka, magicka recovery or reduced magicka cost.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • Young_Archiebold
    Young_Archiebold
    ✭✭✭
    Like the above post said, i just hit vet15 and All my points are in magic, I also run 5 light/2 heavy armor.. Mainly to take a small advantage on the heavy armor passives while keeping all the light passives... I'm a pure healer, meaning I dual resto staffs, I have breath of life and inner light double slotted, one bar dedicated to setting up and keeping HoT's (healing over time) and the other with healing/aiding in dps (purifying light, luminous shards) also with purifying light I do my best to spam that over each enemy, set up my HoTs while it's active and basically make the battle ground a huge healing zone...
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    A good resource for Templar builds is Delta's. His Templar Healing Build is for late-game content, but it'll give you one idea of what to work towards.

I recommend reviewing the Omega Templar Leveling Build. You're likely to be doing a lot of solo questing and this build is one I based my early build on.

You won't get your second bar until level 15, so, in the beginning, your one bar may get crowded if you try to fit both DPS and healing on there. Starting off, I recommend you stick to Puncturing Strikes, Sun Fire, Rushed Ceremony, Grand Healing (Restoration Staff), and either Regeneration (Restoration Staff) or Magelight (Mages Guild). They will take you far in solo questing and in grouped content.

Healing is a little different in ESO than in other games. You don't have to target your teammates to heal them; I think most all the heals are either AoE or target the players with the lowest health automatically. So just stay in third-person view while healing to avoid red circles and pace your heals so you don't run out of magicka. Rushed Ceremony is expensive and should be used as the "oh sh*t" heal.

The restoration staff can do damage and, with the right passives, also heal off that damage so I use it for solo questing and healing. It also helps you level it faster if you use it all the time.

Use provisioning (food) to raise your magicka and health when soloing difficult content or grouped.

Ideally using all light armor and putting points into light armor passives will reduce the magicka cost of spells, but most will recommend you try to wear light, medium, and heavy armor together to level them up at the same time. You don't have to be a traditional robed healer, especially early on. And who knows? Maybe you'll want to switch to a stamina melee build for some fun down the road so it'll help keep your skills current.

Armor can have enchantments and traits. If you find a piece of armor you like, you can change the enchantment (although you can't change the trait) by visiting the vendor next to the enchantment crafting station and purchasing the appropriate enchantment for the item's level and type. For example, if you find a ring that has a stamina enchantment and magicka trait, you can buy a magicka or health enchantment for jewelry to replace the stamina enchantment on that ring.

Lastly, you're not locked into the points you spend forever, so don't fret. For a fee, you can reset your points and spend them differently. So rotate in new skills to see if they fit your gameplay. You won't lose your progression on the skills when you reset.
    PC NA
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can tell you what I use for healing, though I think it is very different for each person, but for me I use all light armour for the passives (though I wear 2 heavy for PvP in which I do no healing at all... All of the magic and spell power you stack for healer builds makes for a brilliant magicka damage build for PvP AND PvE :wink: ) resto staff and 1h shield.

On resto bar I use rapid regeneration (morph of regeneration, casts a heal over time. It is good to make sure you recast each time it runs out so everyone is constantly getting a little healed all of the time), healing springs (morph of grand healing which is good and cheap to cast so can be spammed.Is best If people are close together and you can fit them all in circle. It also helps your magic people allot because it regen's their magic slightly), Repentance (morph of restoring aura, which is a free heal! And also does stam too, I like to switch to my shield, go in close, use it and then sneak back out :wink: ), Purifying Ritual (Morph of cleansing ritual. Useful to yourself and to others to remove negative effects and as a heal over time, I use mostly when there is lots of fire/frost/electric/poison damage or other such things that can place a debuff on you and/or allies, or for an extra when lots of healing is needed) and breath of life (from rushed ceremony, is the best heal but costly so best used in emergencies when a person is dropping rapidly)

On my 1h and shield (which I use for both extra armour enchant in magic and also for defence, will switch to it whilst healing if adds have their eye on me, also I am a Templar, feels wrong NOT to have a shield :smiley: ) I use necrotic orb (Which does damage to enemies when synergised AND regens magic for that other person in your group), luminous shards (essential to throw to your tank from time to time to help with stamina regen in dungeons) Purifying light (morph of backlash. Will help your tank also with the heal it gives when it goes, and ups the damage of your dps) Harness Magicka ( morph of Annulment. Will stop you from being 1 shot in your flimsy little dress and get magic back for you if you do get hit my magic attacks! I I switch this to blazing shield for bosses who deal allot of physical damage) And I have breath of life on that bar too, just in case I am throwing a spear to my tank or putting my shield on and there is an emergency, because it is a quick and highly effective heal.

For my ulti.'s, I go remembrance (morph of rite of passage) on my resto staff bar which is SO useful if somebody suddenly has a bit of a bad spell and starts to loose health over and over or if you are at a boss which does a life draining ability. And I use Solar Prison (morph of nova) on my other bar. I ONLY use this ulti if I am with a competent group that needs not much healing at the time, because it helps to get health down on adds and bosses fast when synergised.

For lower level, I always used to wear 5 seducer which I found was really good to use as healer because of magic regen and reduced costs. Also, heavy attacking now and again can help with regen, if you heavy attack between heals, your magic will not run out :smile: Although I think everybody plays differently, so the best thing to do it try out different things and see what works best for you!
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on October 13, 2015 1:31AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind