Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

XP Potions/Scrolls are a waste when questing

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, so I've both purchased scrolls and now got the XP Potion recipe and made some potions. I didn't want to use them for "grinding" but more to help rapidly level new characters through the basic skill point quests etc...

However, here are a few things people should know about trying to do this.

1) XP Potions/Scrolls have their timers continue to tick when in load screens. Considering the average load screen is now 3-4 minutes, that's a big chunk out of your potion time.
2) XP Potions/Scrolls have their timers start the immediate time you select your character from main menu and it begins loading. Again, 3-4 minutes wasted, and when you land in the city you left, it will probably do a double load (re-load) and that's another couple of minutes gone of the XP boost as you sit and watch the screen.
3) When questing, you often move in and out of different load screens to enter delves/dungeons/quest zones etc. This means more and more time of you XP boost is wasting away.

I did a test with a stop watch as to how much time out of a 50 minute MAXIMUM XP Potion boost was wasted with load screens... a WHOPPING 27 minutes on load screens from 50 minutes... only 23 minutes of XP boost ... less than 50% of the boost was ever useful.

What are Zenimax going to do about this? Probably nothing. So I'd suggest definitely do NOT waste your hard earned money on the scrolls from the Crown Store until they act on the load times, and maybe add something that pauses the timer tick - or adds some extra time to allow for that wastage.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XP potions/scrolls are only useful when you're in a grind spot and can constantly kill mobs for the allotted time on the scroll/potion. Used in any other situtation is a waste.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XP potions/scrolls are only useful when you're in a grind spot and can constantly kill mobs for the allotted time on the scroll/potion. Used in any other situtation is a waste.

This is kind of my point. They are forcing people to grind - when they in reality were trying to make quests a more viable source of XP by increasing quest XP and nerfing several forms of grinding. They haven't really achieved their goal - and in the process they've shot themselves in the wallet.