Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Champion System Questions

saint_grimm
saint_grimm
Soul Shriven
I haven't been playing too long, just now got my first VR toon.

Firstly, is there any reason not to spend all points in each tree? (spend all thief points, mage points, warrior points) or should I only focus on 1 tree? (I read somewhere that all champ points are shared between all toons on an account, so perhaps I should be saving my thief tree points for my DPS style toon?)

And secondly, I read in a lot of places that the veteran ranks are only temporary and when the champion system is fully released, the level cap will be 50 and players will only rely on champion points to go further?

• TheHereticMonk
    Spend all your points as you like. Unlike other respcs CP points are always 3k for a respec no matter how many you have.
    With regards to points being shared across characters it's that if your vet has 30 points when you create a new character they will have their own 30 points to spend right from the outset.
    You'll discover it soon enough but you don't get to choose just one tree. Each time you get a point it has to be spent in a specific tree i.e. warrior, thief or mage.
    In the sub-trees I recommend putting 10 points in each that you like to get the first perk. Then start focusing on the sub-trees you like that have the higer level perks you want.

I know nothing about the changes to vet ranks and CP in the future though.
    Never Knows Best!
    GT: TheHereticMonk
    Xbox EU AD DPS/Healer Sorcerer
    Guild Master: Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything crafted for FREE!
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    And secondly, I read in a lot of places that the veteran ranks are only temporary and when the champion system is fully released, the level cap will be 50 and players will only rely on champion points to go further?

The official word from the devs is that they still plan to remove Veteran Ranks at some undisclosed point in the future...this has been the plan for a year now, and we have seen no real progress toward making it happen (in fact, additional Veteran Ranks have been added). I would not be overly concerned with what it will look like when/if Veteran Ranks are removed, because everyone will be in the same spot at that point and will have to reallocate points, reevaluate gear, and refine builds. For now, I'd just play the game as if Veteran Ranks are staying because at least for the foreseeable future, they are lol

• saint_grimm
    saint_grimm
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks to both of you!