Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon doesn't show up when I try to equip it?

LuthienDragon
I want to equip a weapon and for some reason it's not showing up in my items when I want to do it. I know it's there because if I choose "research" at a blacksmithing station it magically shows up!
It has "bind on equip" above the name of the item. I dunno what it is. Does it have to do with anything? Thanks!

Best Answer

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mmmm if its showing up in blacksmithing station, sounds as though the item is in your personal bank and not your inventory.

Bung it into your inventory and I am sure you can equip it:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Answer ✓
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you check to see if it got placed into the "Junk" tab? Things can occasionally wind up there.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • LuthienDragon
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Mmmm if its showing up in blacksmithing station, sounds as though the item is in your personal bank and not your inventory.

YES! It was at the bank! How weird, lol. Now, before I make anything rash, what does "bind on equip" mean?

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

YES! It was at the bank! How weird, lol. Now, before I make anything rash, what does "bind on equip" mean?

Haha yay, aye I have made that mistake before so:p

BoE basically means once you equip it, its bound to your account, you can swap between other characters and use the item, but you cannot sell it to anyone at all, sadly:P
    Edited by SHADOW2KK on October 11, 2015 1:10AM
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• LuthienDragon

BoE basically means once you equip it, its bound to your account, you can swap between other characters and use the item, but you cannot sell it to anyone at all, sadly:P

THANKS!!!
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

THANKS!!!

Your welcome:}

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

THANKS!!!

You will also see the phrase "bind on pickup" on some items. BoP means that the item is automatically bound to your account as soon as you choose to loot it and cannot be sold to other players at all. These types of items are most often found in PvE dungeons/trials.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Allyhoo811 wrote: »

THANKS!!!

You will also see the phrase "bind on pickup" on some items. BoP means that the item is automatically bound to your account as soon as you choose to loot it and cannot be sold to other players at all. These types of items are most often found in PvE dungeons/trials.

Um yeah im aware, OP never asked for all the phrases though.
    But cheers for extra intel, sure OP will be grateful:}

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭

THANKS!!!

Sorry, I just meant to quote the OP ;) -- thought I'd be proactive, so they knew before they ran into the first BoP item
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

THANKS!!!

Sorry, I just meant to quote the OP ;) -- thought I'd be proactive, so they knew before they ran into the first BoP item

Lol ahh ok, was kinda wondering why you just singled me out hehe.

And yeah good thinking Batman:D

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race