Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need Useful Nightblade Build

Destroyah380
Need a build for a Khajiit nightblade that uses duel wield & bow, can solo PvE content, can have great dps & survivability. Currently mine has none of that & can barely survive certain mobs & nearly all boss encounters & dungeons, especially ranged attackers. Swallow Soul is useless for surviving anything, vampires drain essence does less than it used to thanks to IC nerf, & most other abilities & all its ultimates are simply weak, especially when compared to what my dragonknight & sorcerer could do at my nightblades level. Following this build as of now: https://m.reddit.com/r/ESObuilds/comments/23olao/nightblade_pvppve_guide_ft_vampire/
(Posted this a while ago & no one answered so now for round 2)
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    problem with bow/dw is that it doesn't have 2H, and until you get vigor (from pvp) it's the only heal for stamina users.

However, I was able to survive everything in pve with that setup, healing with killers blade and reaping mark and just killing everything before it killed me.

BUILD
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problems with my Khajiit NBs. I have two of them -- a normal version and a vampire version on two different chars. I am trying a hybrid build now -- Destro staff and DW. That build works OK, -- I can out sneak about anything, however, I am not happy with my DPS over all. Does anyone have any tips for OP and me for a good Khajiit NB build?
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimately you can either have great dps, or great survivability (becoming tankier takes a toll on your dps). I've been playing a Khajiit NB since the beginning and tried many different things because of the changes that keep happening. I could always solo the normal content at my level but never cared for group trials and only dabbled in PVP though.

One thing that works well for groups of mobs is disabling the first for 30 seconds with agony, then cloak (optional) and ambush the second thus incapacitating it and hacking away while your shadow passive keeps you resistant to the damage the 3rd mob is doing. Mark the mob you are working on, and it will heal you when you kill it. Then move on from mob to mob until they are all dead.

For world bosses, if they can be stunned, they can be soloed (if not, ask for a helping hand in zone chat).

The NB does not mow through mobs like some other classes but if you like stealth and going slow, it's a very good class.

At the moment I'm going for a magey Khajiit NB which while not optimal, allows a lot of support for groups (offhealing in IC and Cyrodiil with Funnel Health when doing a bit of damage) with a resto staff, with my usual DW rotation when I want to take down mobs in melee. I have enough health to survive, enough stamina and regen to block and dodgeroll, and enough magicka to cloak for a while and choose my battles.
    Edited by Khenarthi on October 12, 2015 4:44PM
    PC-EU