Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire Players vs vampire NPCs

Euphie
Euphie
Soul Shriven
While playing as my vampire character I am now at the point where I literally dread bumping into a "fellow vampire" NPC. The dialogue options forced on me when my vampire character is talking to other vampires have her; acting as if she's shocked they are vampires, or scared that they are vampires, or not quite sure about vampires, or barely willing to trust them because they are evil blood suckers, and many other strange peculiar dialogue options that make no sense in the context of one vampire talking to another vampire. Its not just the fact that NPCs are oblivious to my character being a vampire, which is bad enough, but the writing makes it out like my own character is oblivious to her own affliction. Has anyone else feel like this while questing? Are the warewolf quest lines any better?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Euphie wrote: »
    Are the warewolf quest lines any better?
    Nope, pretty much the same ...
    shades.gif
  • Balthyzar
    Balthyzar
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the same way.
    Balthyzar,
    Heir to House Dagoth & last of the Aundae
  • JanuaryLost
    JanuaryLost
    Soul Shriven
    I thought it was strange, too. And to digress a little on a similar topic, I also think it's strange that Giant Bats (as well as bloodfiends) don't change behavior in your presence. I fully expected they would become non-aggressive until attacked... but not the case. I would think this should also apply to werewolves in the case of wolves, too.

Back on topic though, it would be really great to have story shaping itself to this change in your character. Even if it only ever happened on levels 3 and 4, or some other special circumstances. In fact, I'd even be happy with it as is if there were vampire oriented missions like the mage and fighters guilds.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gone through main story and one thing I liked is about 5 vampires I have spared instead of killing I have met again later.
    If you in NA/DC/PC I have two vamps one low 34 and one vet 7. If you need company or help you can whisper me
    @KrainorBkackthorne in game
    Edited by Krainor1974 on December 1, 2015 6:06PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't even get me started on the quest where you help the vampire hunter kill all the vampires. He doesn't notice even at stage 4 with a torch in your face and he is looking RIGHT AT YOU!!!!

It can drive one nuts and they didn't even add the NPC's getting nervous like they do in other games. Look at a guard and they won't even notice your red eyes like in Skyrim and other ES games.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK