Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Explorers Pack on preowned???

onealqp10
onealqp10
Soul Shriven
Anybody know if you can still get the explorers pack when you by ESOTU preowned?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Explorer's Pack was a Pre-Release Bonus. Some game sites sold the codes after release, but I am not sure if any have them left. If they do, you will have to hunt it down among dozens of authorized E-Tailers.

But...

You can get pretty much the same thing in the Crown Store, its called the Adventurer's Pack, IIRC. The description will tell you, and you find it in the Upgrades section of the Store. The one you want is the pack that allows you to play any race in any alliance.
    Edited by Nestor on October 9, 2015 9:03PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They sell a similar pack in the crown store, just with a different pet.

If you're asking if you buy a used preorder version of the game, will it come with the explorer pack unlocked, I don't know. How would you know for sure that the preowned copy you buy was a preorder?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • onealqp10
    onealqp10
    Soul Shriven
    driosketch wrote: »

If you're asking if you buy a used preorder version of the game, will it come with the explorer pack unlocked, I don't know. How would you know for sure that the preowned copy you buy was a preorder?

the case it came with has a sticker on front that says it includes the expolers pack. although really they could put any disc in i suppose
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    onealqp10 wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »

the case it came with has a sticker on front that says it includes the expolers pack. although really they could put any disc in i suppose

Explorer Pack was a Pre-Order Edition at the time ESO went (RTM) published to sale from closed Beta. Avoid to use the term "Pre-owned" as it make it hard to know exactly what you are asking.

You don't need disc, only the serial code key (Explorer Pack Code) for creating an account and then you download latest client directly from your newly created account instead of having to deal with several DVDs and then still need to do patching up to latest version.

I bought Explorer Pack on disc during spring this year a couple of weeks before ESO went ESO TU (without subs) and my beta account where then upgraded to Explorer Pack edition (with items sent in in-game email).

Don't buy any DVDs which might have had a previous owner [pre-owned] (except from owner which you can trust or know very well) as this code might have already been used or even sold (to a site like those cheap CD key shops).

Legitimate vendors and shops might still have old supply of physical DVD boxes laying around with Explorer Pack DVDs, so these are ok to buy from.
  • Yattaq
    Yattaq
    ✭✭✭
    Might as well open it up and check it out. Chances are the code got used already, as it isn't transferrable like the discs are for Xbox and PS4

If you bought the discs for PC, you might be in for an unpleasant surprise..
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt you will get it with a pre owned game as the code would have already been used. A friend of mine just bought the game brand new & it came with the explores pack, it had a redeem code for it.

But yeah i wouldn't worry about the explores pack on a pre owned as you can get the stuff you want through the crown store, as already stated
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans