Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Join the Mages Guild...again o.O?

Alexa.Darkstar
I got to Stone Falls, wandered into the Mages Guild in Davon's Watch and I got Rudrasa's Invitation, asking me to join the Mages Guild. Here is the problem; I am already a Master Wizard, finished all of the Mages Guild quests a long time ago in the Aldmeri Dominon. Why is this still a quest for me? I am VR2 so Stone Falls is the area that opens up for me for Ebonheart Pact following the main story line.

Questions:
-Is this just an inconsistency in Storytelling for players who might not have joined the Mages Guild yet?
-What happens if I take the quest? Do I have to do the whole thing over again? Will the Portal to Eyevea close?

I find this very confusing. Rudrasa is sitting there talking to me like I'm new while I can see the Portal to Eyevea right behind her. I'm like: "Woman, please!"

I hope someone can clarify this for me, I don't really want to take that quest...but the glowing black arrow calls to me....
Glarawen | Bosmer | Archer/Healer | Werewolf | Aldmeri Dominion | VR3
"There is something magical about losing yourself in a world that doesn't exist"

Best Answers

• Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure if its a bug or not but i can comfirm that if you accept/complete the joining the mages guild quest again you will not have to do the entire mages guild quest again. ;)
    Answer ✓
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    its basically the same as if you were joining it the first time (except for doing the main part again), talk to her about somethings and complete, you get some gold and exp.
    Answer ✓
  • Alexa.Darkstar
    I'm not really sure if its a bug or not but i can comfirm that if you accept/complete the joining the mages guild quest again you will not have to do the entire mages guild quest again. ;)

Thanks!! That makes me feel better.

So what actually happens if I do take it?

"There is something magical about losing yourself in a world that doesn't exist"
  • Alexa.Darkstar
    its basically the same as if you were joining it the first time (except for doing the main part again), talk to her about somethings and complete, you get some gold and exp.

I will do that! If something goes wrong I am holding you personally responsible XD
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    If it bugs i blame the mudcrabs XD
    Edited by Rajajshka on October 8, 2015 8:50PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely just a bug. No Guild quests are supposed to exist in Cadwell's zones.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Alexa.Darkstar

Mudcrabs. Don't trust them. They always look like they are planning something.

Thank you so much for answering my questions! I did talk to Rudrasa and "rejoined" the Mages Guild. I got 23 gold so I can't be too mad at this particular bug XD.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much for answering my questions! I did talk to Rudrasa and "rejoined" the Mages Guild. I got 23 gold so I can't be too mad at this particular bug XD.

Maybe you could use that Gold on some members of Undaunted at a tavern, they seem to drink a lot and want you to pay for their drinks... :-S
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭

Free monies ;3