Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Upgrade Material (Tempers, Resins and Tannins)

Geemarc
Geemarc
✭✭✭
I think there needs to be a method to upgrade these materials.

Since the release of IC (on PS4) the cost of the legendary upgrade materials has increased by nearly 300% on the guild traders and the price for the lower quality (greens, blues and purples) have dropped massively.

This is mainly because of the amount of farming required to collect enough materials to craft v16 gear which has created an abundance of green, blue and purple item drops. As high tier crafting nodes were not included in the expansion there is less refining, so the only place to get legendary upgrade materials is from daily crafting writs and hirelings (unless you go back to lower content areas and farm material nodes).

There should be a method to upgrade or exchange these lower tier materials for higher ones. For example you could exchange 4 Honing Stones for 1 Dwarven Oil; 4 Dwarven Oils for 1 Grain Solvent; and 4 Grain Solvent for 1 Tempering Alloy.

I think this would help in the long run as they seem to be releasing content at a much faster rate, causing more gear upgrades.

What do you think?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legendary is supposed to be rare so there is that.

However this has been bandied about the boards for a long time now. ZOS has never piped in on it. So, we are stuck with an excess of greens and blues, the right amount of purples the golds we are reluctant to use because new gear comes out all the time.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"