Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help a new player out?

SomethingCrazy
SomethingCrazy
Soul Shriven
Long time fan of Elder Scrolls but very new to ESO. I'm have troubles progressing through the game already though. I'm a Nord DK, currently level 16 and it seems like there's no where for me to go. I seemingly did all my quests in morrowind including the tutorial island, went off to Skyrim and the enemies were far to high of a level for me to stand a chance there. So I tried blackmarsh and they too were much higher of a level then I was. So I found my first group dungeon, formed a party and completed it. One member taught me some things and took us to another dungeon for better loot but that was that.

So I can't seem to go to Skyrim or Blackmarsh yet and so far I have 3 dungeon to go into and possibly grind until I can leave morrowind. I assume this isn't how you're supposed to progress here and was hoping someone could give me some tips on where I might head next?
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Did you join the Fighter's Guild and Mage's Guild? They have quest lines. And don't forget your main quest line.

It's quite possible you may have missed a quest here or there if you're on a console or using a PC without a map addon, so you may want to criss-cross Morrowind one last time to see if you missed anything.

If nothing else, you'll pick up some crafting materials along the way (wood, metal, enchanting stones, cloth, alchemy ingredients, etc.) and uncover more of the map.

Exploration adds xp, as do closing Dolmens, defeating group bosses, and unlocking Mundus Stones.

PC NA
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Follow the main quest line. At level 16 you should be done with Stonefalls and move on to Deshaan.
    shades.gif

Ebonheart Pact Zones (with level):

Bleakrock Isle and Bal Foyen (Level 1-5)
    Stonefalls (Level 5-15)
    Deshaan (Level 16-23)
    Shadowfen (Level 25-30)
    Eastmarch (Level 31-37)
    The Rift (level 37-43)

Edited by SirAndy on October 8, 2015 12:02AM
  • SomethingCrazy
    SomethingCrazy
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the info guys. Forgot about the Mage/fighter guild and I just found Deshaan. Really helped out.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out your achievement journal in the menu. It is a lot of stuff, but it is also a good indication on what you have missed, including all alternate content within zones.
    Edited by CapnPhoton on October 8, 2015 1:24PM
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    Try to stay in one zone to look for quests before moving on to the next, like now you're in Deshaan right? Check your map and go all the way east in Deshaan, doing quests as you go, before moving south into the next zone, Shadowfen.

I can understand how it's confusing that the entrance to Shadowfen is relatively close and unblocked, It's very easy to wander in there before getting to Mournhold.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    CapnPhoton wrote: »
    Check out your achievement journal in the menu. It is a lot of stuff, but it is also a good indication on what you have missed, including all alternate content within zones.

While the achievement section of your journal does offer a lot of hints to what your missing, please remember it does not contain a comprehensive list of every quest in the game (usually it only keeps track of the main quest for each zone) and even the achievements to complete a certain number of quests in a particular zone do not require that you complete all the zone's quests. If you go by what the journal keeps track of you will miss out on a decent amount of content.
  • liquidhippy1989
    Liquidhippy1989 xbox one.add me send me a game inv whatever,just looking for people to play the game with as I get to grips with everything hit me up
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after every main faction quest you complete either the person to end the quest will give a new one or a new questgiver will spawn nearby right after you finish it to continue the quest tree.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • FixedBlade123
    FixedBlade123
    ✭✭✭
    You have a long way to go. I had similar problems when I started. If you think you're done with Stonefalls then look at your map and follow the road leading out of that region. Once you enter a new region (Deshan in this case) then you will be hammered with a bunch of new quests. It really is "Tamriel Unlimited." The game goes on and on.