Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help building a Khajiiti Nightblade

RapturousRex
RapturousRex
✭✭✭
Started putting one together, thought Ba'Ru Sa'Lee needs an online version, but I've been wondering where to start.

He's going dual wield, medium armour, and will mostly be aimed towards PVP, but I've got 3 skill points and no idea where to put them. Part of me wants to put one in each Class tree and kind of go from there, that way I can see what's what, but I regretted doing that with my DK.

As for my stats, I've currently gone 2-1-2 (m-h-s) and intend to do a 3-2-3 ratio until I decide if I'm going StamBlade or MagBlade (it'd probably shift to 2-2-4 or 4-2-2 in that case).

What do?
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, this is only advice. How you decide to ultimately build is up to you.

Drop the magicka attributes unless you intend to build a spell casting NB. The costs are small for skills like Shadow Cloak, and every level adds. If you feel you need more, focus on provisioning and look for recipes that buff magicka/stamina/health.

Assassination and Shadow were the two skills I used most. Once the passives were applied, buffs from stamina and crit hits really helps, but this happens around level 20ish, so be sure to keep a few skill points on reserve so you can spend them when they unlock.

If you have 3 skill points, I'd recommend one in Shadow and one in Dual Wield (rapid strikes/flurry). Save the third.

You need to take note of the passives in the skill trees and plan how you want to apply future skill points.

I will say this: playing an NB requires planning. Unlike most other classes, you really need to focus on how you're going to build your NB because health buffs aren't plentiful. You'll need to focus on armor rating (defense) and damage output (offense). The stronger your offense, the better you are. Hence why I recommend attributes should be 5:1 stamina:health with 0 to magicka. Stamina = damage. With provisioning health buffs, you can negate spending attribute points.
    :)

In fact, I highly recommend you focus on provisioning. The buffs you get from health will save you more times than any skills you have. Whatever you do, don't waste any skill points on Soul damage until later. Not only are the skills worthless, the casting time is pretty much death to the character.

That should get you started, but remember: until you get stronger, you're going to hurt for a while. Once you pass that crux, though, you'll have a damage wielding NB who'll spank in PvP.
    :naughty:
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and one more thing: RESEARCH ASAP!!
    You need 3 traits per armor piece. You want this done because Night's Wind is the armor you want for your NB. Stamina buffs as well as the best attribute the armor offers: zero cost to sneaking, which really plays into the Shadow/Sneak crits.
    :smiley:
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Oh, and one more thing: RESEARCH ASAP!!
    You need 3 traits per armor piece. You want this done because Night's Wind is the armor you want for your NB. Stamina buffs as well as the best attribute the armor offers: zero cost to sneaking, which really plays into the Shadow/Sneak crits.
    :smiley:

Night's Silence is a great set that I still use sometimes at V14, but you still have a sneak cost. The set bonus eliminates the speed loss of sneaking. You sneak faster (regular walk speed) but still spend stamina.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice (VR14 Khajiit Stam NB):
    When starting put one skill from each skill line you want to level on your bar. When you gain experience your skill lines level based on what is on your bar. So if you put 3 assassination skills, 2 Dual wield skills, 1 Shadow skill...your assassination will level fastest, followed by DW, followed by Shadow. In this scenario you would not level siphoning at all. So put one of each on the bar and they will level equally. You can even play the quests with the skills you want, but then swap skills that you want to level before you accept the "Complete Quest" reward to level skills that you don't want to play with regularly.

Dual wield is cool, but consider 2 hander to start. Momentum (morphed to Rally) is an amazing skill that provides a heal and damage boost. Stamina NB's lack healing and Rally really helps. Once you hit level 15 and unlock the 2nd bar, then you can add in dual wield or bow based on your preference.

Probably the most important skills will be from assassination and shadow. Siphoning is not as valuable as a stamina build, but does have some uses. Get assassin's blade (morphed to Killer's Blade) and Teleport Strike (morphed to Ambush) in the assassin tree. Get Shadow Cloak (Dark Cloak morph) and Veiled Strike (Surprise Attack morph) from the Shadow Tree. These are four abilities you will use the most throughout the game. Watch some youtube videos on Deltia's Gaming "Specter Build". He outlines a ton of information that you will find useful.

Do not neglect the passives! Eventually you will want every passive in the Assassin, Shadow, (almost all from Siphoning), DW or 2H, medium armor, and khajiit passives. The skills are great, but the passives make you much stronger. Also consider stealing things on a regular basis, and fencing/laundering them. You want to level Ledgermain in order to get the reduced sneak cost passive.

Level provisioning early. Try to get Blue Food recipes that buff your health and stamina. These will help you immensely. I can not emphasize this enough.

Also level alchemy. You will need to use potions since you lack healing, and the potions you craft are much stronger than the ones you pick up. NB's also have a passive in siphoning that grants ultimate on potion use. Alchemy is your friend.

Research Medium Armor, Blacksmith (weapons like sword, dagger, 2H mace, 1H mace), and Woodworking (Bow). once you have 2 traits you can craft sets of Night's Silence and Ashen Grip (which give you bonus stats based on how many matching pieces you have equipped). 5 piece Night's Silence and 3 Piece Ashen is a good combo for starting out. Put training trait on your weapons and armor if possible to level those faster.

Leveling in PVP is slow. Keeping working to get Assault Rank 5 and unlock Vigor. It a great heal that will help you alot.

Attributes: Your choice here. Generally do not put any points into Magicka. Your attacks will use Stamina so more stamina equals more damage. You can put all into stamina. If you find yourself dying alot maybe go 1:1 ratio of health and stamina.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4