Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I level up the Alliance War skill lines in a realistic manner?

GoodFella146
GoodFella146
✭✭✭✭✭
I spent a lot of yesterday doing a few of the quests like scouting and kill 20 of certain class types, along with spending most of my time in Imperial City killing other players, yet these skill lines refuse to level up anything more than a sliver. So if I actually want to hit Assault and Support 7 before next February, it seems I need to be doing something different.

Any ideas? I'm pretty new to PvP so I can't help but feel I'm missing something. Will capturing a keep or something actually make the bar move? As of now it seems like no matter what I do that bar won't move anything more than a sliver, which is really dumb.

Thanks!
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do more pvp... is the only way to gather more AP and thus points in those lines.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alliance_Points
    Edited by Tankqull on October 7, 2015 3:05PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother with the scouting missions man. By the time you finally make it to your location and back you could have made 20 times more AP in an actual battle.
  • Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are late to the party, in the past there were many more player and they were noobs just using forward camps , rezzing running back to the fight only to die over and over again

easy leveling for some that had a clue what they were doing and did not mind the 5 fps that came with it ^^

I got like 10 million AP in 3 months participating in an activitiy that was a mix between zerging and bombing

basically spending the whole saterday running back and forth between nikel and ash, killing and being killed
    Or in the evening on thorn there was always an ad crowd running from alessia bridge to BRK only to die at the maingate there

mindless zerging = much ap, on average i clocked 20 k ap/hour with little special effort. So 40 hours a week for 3 months got me tribune lol.

I know of people that are rank 35 august palatine (20 million ap) by just spamming negate and healing springs over and over...

now everyone is in the sewers the fields are empty, so less xp per hour You actually have to kill people now to rank up :wink:

Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way is also the only way: pvp.
  • drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you want PvP progression for your character - to make it stronger for PvP - forget the war ranks. Just go grind zombies in some safe PvE zone: ZoS rewards PvP POWER to those who can stomach plain PvE grinding.

You heard it here: PvP progression in ESO is best accomplished by plain old PvE grinding, thanks to the CP system.

(I love the CP system btw, but it should be an exclusively PvE progression thing.)
    Edited by drogon1 on October 7, 2015 3:59PM
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, see I want to get the Barrier ultimate but it's going very slow, so PvE grinding doesn't get what I'm looking for.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent a lot of yesterday doing a few of the quests like scouting and kill 20 of certain class types, along with spending most of my time in Imperial City killing other players, yet these skill lines refuse to level up anything more than a sliver. So if I actually want to hit Assault and Support 7 before next February, it seems I need to be doing something different.

Any ideas? I'm pretty new to PvP so I can't help but feel I'm missing something. Will capturing a keep or something actually make the bar move? As of now it seems like no matter what I do that bar won't move anything more than a sliver, which is really dumb.

Thanks!

Fight, wait for D-ticks and O-ticks, repair walls and doors, and spend every waking moment in Cyrodiil.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play PvP often, and leveling Alliance War Skills take time just like other skills.

For example I play almost every day, my current character started playing at level 10 and is currently level 39. I siege, repair, and fight and my Alliance Wars Skills are almost level 6. However, I do solo 99 percent of the time, maybe grouping will make it level faster.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most ap comes with large battles; defending against large attacks, or attacking against large defence. Defence ticks can range from anywhere between 1k and about 13k (the biggest I've seen). You can get defence ticks from defending keeps, resources and even home gates. You also get ap from killing lots of players, upto 900ap for the good players who haven't died for a while, but also just doing a little bit of damage to lots of players that end up dying. Caltrops is good for this. If you're a magicka user then spamming rapid regen can be a good source of ap in large fights.
    PC | EU