The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Guide] Champion System Extensive Write Up

crazmadsci
crazmadsci
✭✭✭
Welcome Everyone to one of the Travelers Guide to Tamriel Release of the long awaited breakdown on how diminishing returns actually works on the Champion System.

Do you love math?

Well this is something you will love! With equations of how each and everything really works.

Not someone who understands numbers?

Don't worry we have a break down of Noteable Milestones so players can know how many champion points it takes for each passive to recieve 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% of the total bonus of each passive.

I personally have enjoyed using this breakdown from few champion points all the way to the competitive players putting in advice to help players understand how to make characters the way you want how you want.

How it Works:

The images are completely interactive and will rotate and zoom in much the same way as you experience every day as a player.

Click on any constellation to see its break down on passives and unlocked bonuses for 10, 30, 7 and 120 Champion Points.

Want to go back to the main page? Click on the mini image of the Champion System to go back to the main page.

Things you might find interesting:
Attribute Point Break down based on Guardian Constellation

Warrior
Theif
Mage

Future Features:
Complete Interaction with Skill trees so you know what your passives do to influnece each skill tree and vice versa.

Thank you for your time and let me know if you have feedback or suggestions.

Site Link: Champion System

Sincerely Crazmadsci
twitch streamer crazmadsci, Guildmaster Ethereal Army, Guide Writer: Travelers Guide to Tamriel.
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the amazing work! So just to clarify are you just looking at the tooltip value percentages and graphing it as function of points spent?

I was having a quick look at the resources gained as function of champion points and noted a minor difference between Health, Stamina, and Magicka. Do you have a comment on why the equations are slightly different and would it be better to fit all data sets simultaneously? Additionally, there appears to an outlier at around 800 champion points. What is the behavious of champion points around it? You are using two functions to model the increaes in Health/Stamina/Magicka as function of champion points but your plot appears to only show one model. Is it possible to highlight the two different models used perhaps to accentuate the limit of each model to justify using two models? I see that quite a few of your model parameters are given to four decimal places. Could you comment on the accuracy of your models?
    Edited by Asayre on October 7, 2015 9:19AM
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
  • crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    All of these are very sound and intelligent questions. I will answer significant detail as soon as I get off work.
    twitch streamer crazmadsci, Guildmaster Ethereal Army, Guide Writer: Travelers Guide to Tamriel.
  • moshearg
    moshearg
    Soul Shriven
    This gets you to start :smile:
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    As someone whose brain stops working when numbers get involved, I really appreciate how simple you made this. Looking forward to seeing it evolve!
  • crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    SO sorry everyone for the delay.

@Asayre yes the graphs are tool tip percentages of the Champion System based on the amount of Champion Points spent.

Yes you have a very great observations and the graphs for Health, Stamina, and Magicka are slightly different with the Warrior Guardian Constellation giving a bigger bonus early on.

As for the outlier for 800 Champion Points myself and PtarThanes a mathematician how has helped me wit this have come to the conclusion that the Champion System for the attribute point return as a little bit of human manipulation to it in order for the numbers to come out nice. Although our equations have a R^2 of over 99% there are still a few points where we believe ZOS changed it slightly manually making it difficult to calculate.

However I want to get more points in the future but the templates on the PTS which we used no longer will give us all 3600 champion points and the most in the current templates are at 300. Therefore I cannot reproduce to expand these current numbers.

I did change the appearance of the chart so that the majority of the community could understand it. Even though I have two functions:

Power function trend from CP 0-100
    Log function trend from Cp 100-3600

I actually graphed both plots of points separately but just colored their markers the same so it is all the same in trend so you could visualize overall growth.

Here is the chart that has everything labeled!

Graph

Again I am so sorry for the delay. Real life and work got crazy in the past week.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I have today off and plan on doing a lot of work for the site.

Also @TheHumanFloyd thanks for commenting! I am a big fan of your work for the RP community.
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    crazmadsci wrote: »
    Also @TheHumanFloyd thanks for commenting! I am a big fan of your work for the RP community.

Oh shucks! Thanks :D