Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alternative gear setup?

iTzStevey
iTzStevey
✭✭✭
Looking for a few tips on gear for my magicka sorc, i know kagrenacs is the best setup right now but i cant craft it/afford it atm.
With dual wield im sitting on 2099 spell damage unbuffed but wish to switch to staves again as i don't really like the dual wield playstyle, but feel like im slapping people with wet noodles whilst using them.

Heres my current setup:
4x Martial Knowledge
3x willpower
4x Magnus
1x Bogdans (Health)

Atronach mundus and using food.

With a staff i switch out the bogdans piece for another magnus,all purple quality.
I've tried the apprentice mundus and it gives me 200+ spell damage but my sustain becomes lackluster.

Any alternative setups that will make staves worth using? I can only craft upto 6 traits atm.

Thanks in advance for any guidance. :)
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Could use torug's 2x bonus for spell damage, and Molag Kena shoulders 1x bonus for spell damage instead of the bogdans. That's 3 pieces with 2 total spell damage bonuses that allow you to drop all 4 pieces of magnus that was only giving 1 spell damage bonus.

I would stick with atronach mundus regardless.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    Could use torug's 2x bonus for spell damage, and Molag Kena shoulders 1x bonus for spell damage instead of the bogdans. That's 3 pieces with 2 total spell damage bonuses that allow you to drop all 4 pieces of magnus that was only giving 1 spell damage bonus.

Hmmm i dont have molag kenas yet, waiting until im abit better geated to do tbe new dungeons, any other set that gives spell damage from a 2 pc?
  • mklundub17_ESO
    mklundub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You don't need to do white gold tower to get the shoulders, they come from the chests opened with gold keys for doing the vet dailies.
    Mass Terror
    PS4 | NA | AD
    v16 Imperial Templar
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iTzStevey wrote: »

Hmmm i dont have molag kenas yet, waiting until im abit better geated to do tbe new dungeons, any other set that gives spell damage from a 2 pc?

2 piece torugs pact gives spell damage, as does 3 arch-mage (v14 might be affordable now), and 3 adroitness. Also what jewellery glyphs do you have? I recommend spell damage x2 and regen, but this would depend on your stats once geared. Try to aim for 1700-1900 regen and any left over resources put into spell damage. To achieve this regen you might need divines on everything and atronach mundus plus 20+ cp in arcanist, plus a regen set bonus like from arch-mage. Stack cp into magician for cost reduction, arcanist for more regen, thaumaturge and elemental expert for more damage. Difficult to give specific advise without knowing your level, cp etc. The easiest thing for you to do would be to go 4x MK, 4x magnus, 3x willpower, with spell dmg glyphs on jewellery.

Another thing to bear in mind is the Expert Mage passive from the storm calling skill line. This grants you 2% spell and weapon damage for every sorc skill you slot. So if you manage to fill all 6 skills on one bar with sorc skills you get a whole 12% boost to spell damage. I do this and my front bar looks like: curse, wrath, frags, surge, streak, atronach.
    PC | EU
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to upgrade your staff to v16 (preferably legendary) as this gives you a bit more base spell dmg. Sharpened or nirn (if you can afford it). As v16 is max especially once orsinium hits, I like to craft staff as torugs pact, that way I can craft 1 torug armor later (if you haven't already).
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the insight guys! So do you think i should use 2 pc torugs and swotch out magnus for seducer for the recovery? Then get a spell damage glyph? With all mundus gear i may not lose too much recovery right? Will have to do these dailies and hope i can use my rng luck up for the next 10 years and het a molag kena piece haha
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For magicka sorc I would advice this:
    2x) Nerients (this gives around 1.5k dps boost against single stationary targets)
    4x) Martial Knowledge
    2x) Torugs Pact (v16 gold chest fire and lighting staff)
    3x) Willpower (arcane jewelry)

With 2x regen/cost reduction enchants on jewelry and Atronach mundus the sustain in pve is pretty good.
    If you dont have Nerienths the best option would be Kagrenac's Hope and Molag Kena.

Edit: the setup above is for pve.

For pvp I use the following sets:
    5x) Kagrenac's Hope
    1x) Molag Kena
    2x) Torugs Pact (v16 gold chest fire and resto staff)

p.s. If you play on EU PC server I can make you the Kagrenac's Hope 5-set for free if you have the mats.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on October 7, 2015 9:07AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    For magicka sorc I would advice this:
    2x) Nerients (this gives around 1.5k dps boost against single stationary targets)
    4x) Martial Knowledge
    2x) Torugs Pact (v16 gold chest fire and lighting staff)

With 2x regen/cost reduction enchants on jewelry and Atronach mundus the sustain in pve is pretty good.
    If you dont have Nerienths the best option would be Kagrenac's Hope and Molag Kena.

Edit: the setup above is for pve.

For pvp I use the following sets:
    5x) Kagrenac's Hope
    1x) Molag Kena
    2x) Torugs Pact (v16 gold chest fire and resto staff)

p.s. If you play on EU PC server I can make you the Kagrenac's Hope 5-set for free if you have the mats.

Yeah that looks like a good setup! Do you not have any sustain prpblems lr do you get that from ateonach and divines on all pieces? And im on ps4 eu atm thankyou for the offer though i appreciate it! :)