Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What are reasonable prices for crafted items?

Acsvf
Acsvf
✭✭✭
So... I'm thinking of starting a character, and not going into any of the three equipment crafting skill lines.
I'm wondering what an item would cost for each level? Like, if I ask somebody to make a level 20 sword for me, how much would be reasonable? And for 25? 10? 50? 30? etc.
And is there some sort of general multiplier for each item rarity, like green=2x worth of white and blue= 5x or something?
Also, how much more would a set item cost compared to a normal item?
@LightArray
Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Reason doesn't seem to have asserted itself over the ESO economy as of yet. There isn't much in the way of consistency with regards to pricing of anything for sale in Guild Stores and Traders.

Since an individual can list any item for any price they choose the more pertinent question is: Are you willing to take the time and effort to search all of the Guild Traders spread around all of Tameriel in order to find THE ingle piece of gear which you need?
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I generally calculate total cost for each mat being used.

Total Ingots/Leather/Cloth/Wood Costs based on average of current rates per piece + Total Improvement Material Costs based on average of current rates per piece + Style (governed by rarity and can the style mat be purchased from a merchant or only found, such as Palladium, Daedra Hearts, etc = Approx Cost
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • TheHereticMonk
    My guild will craft anything you need for free if you're an xbox eu player If you have the mats that's always good but no problem if not.
    Never Knows Best!
    GT: TheHereticMonk
    Xbox EU AD DPS/Healer Sorcerer
    Guild Master: Charitable Crafting Co-op <- Everything crafted for FREE!
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL good luck... about the only thing you can do is advertise your services, and say you have mats as well. posting them on the auction house (even in rawr) is a bad idea. I had a set of torugs pact (vr 16) with two staffs... started out at 100k each on the market. decreased the price 10k per day. They sold when it hit 20k. and -70k profit per piece.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

Total Ingots/Leather/Cloth/Wood Costs based on average of current rates per piece + Total Improvement Material Costs based on average of current rates per piece + Style (governed by rarity and can the style mat be purchased from a merchant or only found, such as Palladium, Daedra Hearts, etc = Approx Cost

Exactly how i do it
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDevil wrote: »

Exactly how i do it

Pray tell, how do you determine "current average rates per piece"? Because that is my sticky widget in this situation.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drax76 wrote: »
    Pray tell, how do you determine "current average rates per piece"? Because that is my sticky widget in this situation.

Check guild traders in popular cities, such as Mournhold, Wayrest, Eastmarch, etc. Find what the highest price is and the lowest. Add up all the prices you've found. Divide that number by the number of prices you found (ie: 5,000 + 4,000 + 3,000 = 12,000 / 3 = 4,000 average).

Hope that helps.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately that isn't even a semi-accurate method because no one can check all listings for all of the Guild Traders.

Looks like I won't be dabbling in ESO's Economy for a while yet.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    I've made millions crafting... so leme hook you up with some sound advice.

I charge 20k per peice of each 8 or 9 trait item I craft, that doesnt include mats, and It only comes in white.

Thats for the higher end stuff...

Anything 7 traits and under I do NOT charge for, I only request a tip (if they provide the materials)

If I use my materials, i usually charge 1-2k per peice crafted and will bring it up to at least green or blue quality.

In any and all cases, I always "request" a tip politely by saying "A tip is always appreciated"

Normally people are happy with my prices, and throw 5k - 10k extra at me for the running around, time spent researching traits, and the overall pleasant experience.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to craft a ton, and for a while, it was my main source of income. The game has really changed because there are so many crafters at this point. At most, you should be paying cost of mats plus a few k tip for crafting session. On PC at least, there are plenty of apps to figure out the going rate for mats. In virtually any guild, you will be able to find someone to craft free with your mats. 20k for a white 8-9 trait piece is pretty ridiculous, but more power to you if people are paying that. It would not fly on PC, but xbox is a less developed market I suppose.