Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Caldwell's silver. Am I wasting my time?

xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
✭✭✭
I've recently started Caldwell's Silver and was looking forward to finding new motifs, i.e. Barbaric, Primal, Dwemer and the all elusive Imperial. Now while I am finding new provisioning recipes, my question is, is it possible to find those motif's and the purple provisioning recipes, frost miriam and such? Or am I simply wasting time till I get to Caldwell's Gold?
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imp motif you can find anywhere, I found one more than a year ago on a low level alt much to the gnashing of teeth of varying friends hehe.

I cannot remember how it is now, but you have chances of finding Primal etc in Silver zones and Daedric in Gold zones, and Dwemer you can find at some Dwemer ruins anywhere.

As said its been changed, but think that basic template is still the same however.

Good luck in your endeavours:}

Regarding frost mirriams, I normally get them from max level Provisioning hireling mails, I get loads of them every week, think you can loot them however, but not done it since last year so things may have changed.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I found a Barbaric in a Silver zone 2 days ago. Sold nice and quick in guild store.

First rare motif I've found since ESO:TU.
  • Fat-Larry-Makes-All
    I'm not sure about most of this, I do know that you can't find frost miriam and bervez juice. You get those from provisioning writs.

Also I'm fairly certain I found a dwemer motif when I was still in my faction's area.
    Fat Argonian Cook.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure about most of this, I do know that you can't find frost miriam and bervez juice. You get those from provisioning writs.

Also I'm fairly certain I found a dwemer motif when I was still in my faction's area.

You get Dwemer motifs from any Dwemer ruin, may have to be lvl 10 first, but not sure about that. Frost miriam and bervez juice also are from hirelings, but I get a ton from writs. They're more common at higher level writs, but any writ can pull them.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction zone:
    Blue motifs
    Imperial motif
    All playable race style materials
    Dwemer motifs from Dwemer delves/ dungeons (none in ad zones)
    Also Dwemer scrap from Dwemer delves/dungeons. 10 fer refined into Dwemer frame.

Silver:
    Barbaric motif & style material
    Primal motif and style material
    All of the above

Gold:
    Daedric motif and style material
    Ancient Elf motif and style material
    All of the above

Bevez juice and frost mirriam come from hirelings and writs. Thr higher the relevant skill, the more chance you have of them dropping
    Edited by Brrrofski on October 6, 2015 2:05PM
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Faction zone:
    Blue motifs
    Imperial motif
    All playable race style materials
    Dwemer motifs from Dwemer delves/ dungeons (none in ad zones)
    Also Dwemer scrap from Dwemer delves/dungeons. 10 fer refined into Dwemer frame.

Silver:
    Barbaric motif & style material
    Primal motif and style material
    All of the above

Gold:
    Daedric motif and style material
    Ancient Elf motif and style material
    All of the above

Bevez juice and frost mirriam come from hirelings and writs. Thr higher the relevant skill, the more chance you have of them dropping

I'm almost positive that the blue racial motifs stop dropping in your silver and gold alliance zones. I have never found a blue motif outside my starting alliance (and I literally loot everything), but frequently find them when back in my starting zone waiting to do pledges etc. If they do drop in the silver or gold areas, the drop rate must be significantly lower than in your own alliance zone.

Also, just wanted to add that dwemer motifs can be found in any dwemer style container. They don't have to be containers in the delves/dungeons, they just have to be containers of the dwemer style (e.g. I've found several dwemer motifs in the Tribunal Temple in Mournhold in Dwemer style urns). Obviously, you will have a better chance of finding dwemer containers in dwemer type delves/dungeons, but they do exist in the open world.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have tons of style materials for Barbaric, Ancient Elf, etc. that I picked up in my starting zone. From deconning loot, I think.
  • xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    xX_BLUDWULF_Xx
    ✭✭✭
    thank you all for you help, I guess I need to be patient as I have only looted recipes and green/blue collectibles at this point.
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    thank you all for you help, I guess I need to be patient as I have only looted recipes and green/blue collectibles at this point.

If it makes you feel better (or maybe it will just make you more depressed lol), I have been playing since PC launch and have only ever gotten a handful of purple motifs (barbaric, primal, ancient elf, and daedric) and no imperial motifs. And like I mentioned, I loot everything that isn't nailed down -- RNG is just a cruel mistress.