Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reached VR, having a hard time finding groups

mattcanj
mattcanj
Soul Shriven
Hello!

I've finally reached VR and I'm having a bit of difficulty finding groups for Veteran Dungeons. I've been using the grouping tool but it almost NEVER finds groups even during peak hours. I'm on PC, NA server.

Does everyone have any suggestions on how to find groups for VR dungeons? Is everyone but me VR 16? Did I miss out on VR dungeons by taking to long?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    Because the group finder tool was broken for so long, most players gave up on using it. You can usually get it to work for the daily pledges (especially if you happen to be a tank), but it isn't that great for finding players for other Vet Dungeons.

The best suggestion I can give you for finding people to run dungeons with is to join a PvE guild, most players are more likely to run dungeons with guildies.

To answer your other questions, while I'm sure not all players are Veteran Rank 16 yet, most players have been playing for awhile (many since PC launch in April 2014), so you are behind the leveling curve so to speak. There just aren't going to be as many players looking to run VR1 dungeons as VR14-16. Good news is that all dungeons scale, so even if you can't do them at VR1, you'll be able to do them easier at a higher VR.

But finding a good guild, will usually get you plenty of people to play with. Good luck!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Providing I'm not busy in Cyrodiil or IC, I'm always happy to group for dungeons, as well as any Craglorn quests etc. I do work odd hours though, and being in Oz, timezones could be an issue, but you may catch me on one of my days off. (You're welcome to friend me if you want)

I'm also in a very good guild where many of the members are casual players who understand the problem of finding others for dungeons etc, and so are usually only too happy to help out where needed. I could add you if you like. :smile:
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• mattcanj
    mattcanj
    Soul Shriven
    I'd love to join a PvE guild! I think that's where I need to start.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll msg you now kip
  • mattcanj
    mattcanj
    Soul Shriven
    Looks like they are improving the grouping tool with the next DLC, hope that helps!